Chapter 39

I've actually been bed bound. Between dad, Derek and Stiles it's become a joke. They all gang up on me, it is horrible.

Derek's been quite busy, looking for Kate. But trust me any free second he has, he's on my case about my stitches. It's annoying.

Then Stiles visits after School and stays till whatever time he can.

Whilst dad visits on his break. Dad also brings us all food. Takeaway food. I'm probably a fat lump because of all the junk I'm eating.

This morning I had a shower. Derek actually showered with me, because thanks to whoever the fuck shot me, apparently I'm not incompetent to do anything.

"Jesus. Do you just wanna wash my hair for me?" I ask Derek and he actually does it. "Jesus Derek, I can wash my own hair." I say and start rinsing out the shampoo.

"You know, this is ridiculous right?" I ask as I apply conditioner. "Yes. But do you know what's also ridiculous? You fainting in the shower." He says and I roll my eyes.

When I get out of the shower I put on one of Derek's sweatshirt before sitting on our freshly made bed. "Don't move." Derek warns as he grabs something to eat.

"Oh well if it isn't the cripple and the time traveller." Peter says as he walks into the loft. "Hey! I am not a cripple! Everyone's just being dramatic." I say sighing.

Derek sits at the edge of the bed and hands me some fruit.

"Is she coming?" Derek asks. "Yeah, she should be." Peter says as he sits on the sofa.

"Who?" I ask and Derek turns back to me. "Braeden." He says and I raise an eyebrow. "We need someone to find Kate. She's the best of the best." Derek says and I nod.

I hand Derek back the bowl and lie down. I pull a blanket over myself and decide to have a nap.

****
I wake up to a banging noise.

I look around to see Derek, Peter and the back of Braeden.

"The table's Italian." Peter grumbles. "So are these boots. Are we goimg to talk interior design and fashion,  or are we gonna talk numbers?" She asks. Thats when I notice Derek looking at his reflection in his sunglasses.

That's why he's been so obsessed with my recovery. Because he's worried about what's happening to him. It distracts him.

Braeden and Peter send numbers back and forth when I climb out of bed.

"Oh would you look at that, you woke the sleeping beauty." Peter says and I roll my eyes and flick my middle finger up to him.

Braeden slides him a piece of paper as I slowly walk over to Derek.

"We're hiring you to find Kate, not assassinate the president." Peter says as Derek stands up. "I'm fine." I mutter and role my eyes before sitting down inbetween Derek and Peter.

"I was hired by the Calaveras to find Kate. You're hiring me to find her first. Going against the Calaveras is what's going to cost you." She says and Peter writes another number down.

He slides the piece of paper to Braeden who immediately slides it back. Peter sighs and stands up dramatically.

"We'll pay. Just find Kate, that's all we want." Derek says.

The second she leaves though, Peter starts kicking up a fuss.

"Are you insane?" He yells and I roll my eyes. "We don't have a choice. We spent a week looking for her and came up with nothing." Derek says leaning against the table.