Chapter 20

When I woke up I got out of bed and went for my usual three mile run and this morning it felt amazing and I didn't feel so angry.

It was a Saturday today so there wasn't really a rush for me to get things ready. Dad had already left by the time I had gotten up this morning so I didn't have to make him anything. I might drop something off to him at work though.

I got home and made some pancakes for dad, Stiles and I. After me and Stiles eat breakfast I headed upstairs to get ready.

I had a shower and once I got out I put on some black shorts and a white sweatshirt. I do my hair and makeup before heading downstairs. I also made sure my bruises weren't visible. I grab some food I'd made for dad today and then head to his office.

"Dadio." I say walking through his office door. "Is that for me?" He asks looking at the container full of pancakes. "Well I didn't know if you had breakfast or not and I don't want you to starve to death." I say and he smiles. "Golden child." He says and I do a little twirl.

"Did you hear a friend of Stiles died last night?" He asks and my face drops. Boyd. "Yeah, Stiles told me." I say and dad nods sadly. "We found doctor Deaton." He says and I nod. "Stiles told me." I say and he scoffs. "Of course he did." Dad says before diving into his pancakes.

"Look, I've gotta shoot I have to head to the coffee store." I say and dad nods. "Have fun." He says and I smile and head to the coffee store.

****
My shift so far has been quite boring. Cora and Stiles have come in to see me though! That was fun. Especially the taking the piss out of Stiles part. Except he wasn't too happy about that.

"Thank you." I say after handing someone their coffee.

"Nia." Stephanie calls and I turn to her to see a familar boy beside her, it took me a second to recognize who it was.

"Logan? Oh my god." I say and rush over and hug him. "How have you been?" I ask pulling away from him. "I've been good, I wanted to see when you're on your break." He says and I glance around the coffee shop which was now, convinently quiet.

"Take a seat, ill come over with some coffee. Do you still take it the same way?" I ask and he nods whilst grinning.

"Is that your boyfriend?" Stephanie asks asks as I make up two coffees and grab some cookies. "Try ex from high school. He was my high school sweetheart." I say and her eyes widen. "Wow." She says and I nod. "Call me over if you need me." I say before going over to Logan.

I sit opposite him on a two chaired table in the corner he had chose.

"When did you get back in town?" I ask picking apart the cookie to eat it. "A few days ago, came to visit my mom and dad and they told me you owned the place now." He says and I smile and shrug.

"When did you get back? I thought you would've stayed away the longest." Logan says and I scoff. "I wasn't coping well away from home plus you remember Stiles?" I ask and he nods. "Proper trouble maker now." I say and Logan's eyes widen.

"Shut up serious? How old is he? 12?" Logan asks and I shake my head no. "17." I say and Logan's eyes widen. "Fuck off." He says and I nod and get out my phone and show him a photo of Stiles I took in the summer when I recruited all the boys to help me on the first day of opening. I had forced Stiles into taking a photo outside the front door.  "Oh wow he really has grown up." Logan says and I nod.

"So what have you been doing since high school? Tell me everything." I say to him and he nods and does exactly that.

Logan went to college in Bostom on a basketball scholarship, that's how he met his finacè Sophie (whose pregnant with their first child, which is a girl). He ended up becoming a physical therapist after some accident he had towards the end of college (thankfully being a physical therapist was always a second option for him). He still lives over in Boston.