Chapter 33

Derek's loft.

That's where I am, wallowing in self pity.

Stiles is no longer in the metal asylum, he broke out.

Derek actually gets released from Jail, I need to go and pick him up.

I grab my keys and head to my dads office.

Once I walk in my dad waves me over.

"I'll take care of this, Parrish." Dad says and I poke my tongue out at Derek.

"Sheriff, I'm not kidding. This thing's a few watts from being a lightsaber." Parrish says and dad takes it from him. "I said I'll take care of it." Dad says and we follow him into his office.

"The specialist I saw in LA told me the thing that every doctor says when he's trying to avoid a lawsuit. 'We can't say for sure'." Dad says and I raise an eyebrow before climbing into a chair.

"And then I spoke with Melissa." He adds and pulls some stuff from a file. "These are brain scans. My wife's and Stiles'. I knew they were similar." He says handing them to Argent. "But those are the same. Exactly the same."

"And I'm guessing this isn't possible?" Derek says and I scoff. "Duh, Derek. Duh." I say and he looks down at me with a glare. "Not even remotely." Dad answers.

"So the trickster is still playing tricks." Argent says. "But why this trick?" Derek asks.

"Isn't it obvious?" I ask they all look to me. Probably not a good time to be jokey. Gonna do it anyway. "He wants to see me cry. Duh." I say and they all glare at me.

"If you can't be serious. You can wait outside." Dad says and I roll my eyes. "I'm not 12." I say and he raises an eyebrow. "Act it then." He says and I roll my eyes again.

"When I was in the Army, an officer told me, 'if you want to defeat your enemy, you don't take away their courage. You take away their hope'." Dad says and I roll my eyes. That's literally the same as what I said.

"You don't look like a man who gives up hope easily." Argent says. He's sucking up. "Nia does." Derek asks and I gasp and look up at him. "Are you serious?" I ask and he nods. "Yeah." He says and I roll my eyes. "Dick." I mutter and turn my attention back to my dad.

"Stiles may also give up hope easily." Dad says and I roll my eyes.

"If this thing inside him, if it's using his mother's disease as some sort of psychological trick, then this isn't just a fight for his body. It's also a figjt for his mind. Right?" He asks and I furrow an eyebrow. I thought that was common knowledge. Is it not?

"You know, he's left people severely injured." Argent says. "And others severely dead." He says and I roll my eyes.

"That's why I need the two of you." Dad says. "And me." I add and none of them even acknowledge me. Rude.

"I need people who are experienced in this kind of thing. I need you to help me stop him." Dad says. "And by stop him, you mean trap him." Argent says and dad nods and hands Argent his lightsabre back.

****
Once we get to the Argent's apartment we head inside.

"This is everything non-lethal I could find." Allison says as we head into Argent's office. "Take all of it." He says and Allison starts putting stuff in bags.

"What's the plan here?" Dad asks and I look around curiously. "Our best shot right now is for Derek to try and pick up Stiles' scent at Eichen House. Especially if he went through something stressful there." Argent says.

"Should all five of us be going to the same place?" Dad asks. "Where else has Stiles been showing up?" Argent asks. "The hospital." I add for them.