Chapter 61

1 MONTH LATER

Aliyah P.O.V.

"So are you sure y'all will be here tonight? How do you know your flight won't get delayed again?"

I tucked my feet underneath my butt, as I continued to talk to mama on face time.

"We're sure baby, your father and I aren't going to miss your wedding, we're already upset that we're missing the rehearsal dinner,"

I sighed. "And what about AJ? Have you heard from him?"

"Yes, he and Mariah's flight should be in by tonight too, this weather has screwed everything up, but I promise we'll be there."

"I hope so,"

"We will baby, don't stress, Marissa made it a few days ago, right?"

"Yeah," I said in a sigh. "She's been staying with Ronnie and I ever since she landed four days ago,"

Mama smiled. "Well good, atleast Marissa and Amara are there with you to keep you company, is everything in place for the rehearsal dinner?"

I sighed again, knowing she was trying to change the subject.

"Yeah.....it starts in a few hours, I hired a makeup artist for today and for the wedding tomorrow, she should be here soon,"

"Oh good, we'll go get all pretty-fied and enjoy your night baby, I'll see you in the morning at the venue,"

"Okay.......please be safe, and text me before you guys board the plane....tell daddy I said bye,"

"I will, go enjoy yourself, love you."

"Love you too,"

I stared at the phone screen until she hung up, automatically making me close my eyes.

My wedding was less than 12 hours away, and none of my immediate family besides Amara and Marissa were here in Atlanta.

In true black peoples fashion, everybody had decided to fly out last minute, all around the same time, and of course, a storm came and interrupted everyone's plans.

I dropped my phone to the side of me and began rubbing my temples, not wanting to feel stressed, but I couldn't help it.

"Knock, Knock,"

I looked up at the doorway to see Marissa standing there, fully dressed.

"What's the update? Has their plane left yet?" I shook my head.

"No, my mom said they won't be flying out for another 3 or 4 hours, they should get here around 1 or 2am,"

"Damn," she mumbled. "Well don't stress, everything will work itself out, you need to get dressed though, I heard Ronnie say that the driver will be here in a hour, Amara is on the way to pick me up so we can get to the venue together."

I sighed, nodding my head. "Okay....I'm getting up,"

I stood up from the bed, fixing up my hoodie and sweatpants.

"Can you let my makeup artist in when she gets here if I'm still changing please?"

"Yeah of course, just go,"

She pushed me in the direction of my closet, pointing to my rehearsal gown that was hanging up in a clear bag.

"Put it on and relax, I'll see you in a little bit," she gave me a soft smile before stepping out of the bedroom, closing the door behind herself.

Marcus P.O.V.

"Oh my god, I can't believe Aliyah is getting married, it legit still feels like yesterday that we were all hanging out after school,"