Chapter 20

Aliyah P.O.V.

MAMA: "How's everything going? Have you and Ronnie started planning for the wedding yet?"

I shifted the phone to my left ear, taking a deep breath.

ME: "Not exactly, we've met with a wedding planner once, but we haven't called her back yet."

MAMA: "Oh, you didn't tell me that, you must've picked a date and everything, if you were meeting with a wedding planner."

ME: "....Uh, no, we don't have a date yet....Ronnie set up the meeting, so I kinda just went to see what the lady was about, but I like her....she seems good."

She chuckled.

MAMA: "Ronnie set up the meeting? That boy is too excitied, he can't wait to make you Mrs.Johnston, huh?"

ME: "Mhmm."

I stared down at the rock that was on my finger, before looking away.

ME: "He's ready mama, trust me."

MAMA: "That's good that he is though, it's rare finding men his age that are willing and ready to commit and settle down, you found a good one."

I chuckled.

ME: "I know."

MAMA: "But now the question is, are you ready?"

The small smile that formed on my lips, quickly fell into a soft frown.

ME: "Yeah, why wouldn't I be ready?"

MAMA: "Because, almost two months ago when you came back home, you were feeling funny about everything, remember?"

I sighed a little, hoping that she would have forgotten about that.

ME: "..Yeah, I remember."

MAMA: "I told you you needed to figure out why you were second guessing yourself, before you started wedding planning, but since you never got back to me, I have to ask, are you ready?"

I paused for a second, before answering.

ME: "Yeah mama, Im ready."

MAMA: "And you've figured out why you were having those feelings not to long ago?"

I was silent for a second, knowing that I didn't, but I didn't wanna tell mama that.

ME: "Yeah, I was just having cold feet, really early cold feet.....I love Ronnie, and he loves me, so Im ready."

MAMA: "Good, well Im glad you figured all that out, because you can't walk down the aisle with any uncertainty, you have to be 100% sure that what you're doing is right, and your completely ready to become one with that person."

ME: "........How'd you know that you were ready to marry daddy?...if you don't mind me asking."

MAMA: "It just felt right."

She simply stated.

MAMA: "After everything we had been through, we both we're ready, we were in love, and everything felt right, I had no second thoughts or doubts about it, that's how I knew."

ME: "...We're you ever nervous at all?"

MAMA: "Of course, especially our wedding day."

She slightly chuckled.

ME: "No, I mean, were you nervous to get married? Like the commitment aspect of it all."

She was silent for a second.