Chapter 80

1 MONTH LATER

Aliyah P.O.V.

"Thank you ladies for coming tonight, be blessed," I handed both ladies there bags full of clothes, as I placed a warm smile on my face, feeling satisfied.

It was finally the night of mama's event that she was having at the boutique, and after spending the past month prepping and preparing for this night, it was finally here, and my heart was so full.

"Excuse me,"

I looked to my right, and smiled a bit more once I seen a lady approaching the check out desk I was standing behind. "Yes?"

"...My daughter wanted to try these on.....can you point me in the direction of the dressing rooms please?" I nodded.

"Right down this way, and then over on your right,"

She smiled a bit. "Thank you.....and when she's ready to check out, how does that work exactly? This is our first time......doing..... this," She said, motioning around us.

"Oh, no worries, the shelter should've provided you and your daughter with vouchers that have your first and last name on it, as well as your room information. All you have to do is turn in that voucher to me, or one of the check out clerks, so we can ring up each item that you would like to take with you tonight, and then the rest is on us, you'll leave with whatever you and your daughter pick out tonight,"

"Okay....and you're sure we don't need to pay for anything at all? I did bring some cash with me just in case we-"

"Oh no please," I said, cutting her off. "That's the point of all of us, everything is on us tonight, please, save your money, and just pick out things you like,"

She hesitated for a second before giving me a slight smile. "....Okay....thank you so much, everyone here is so kind,"

"It's our pleasure," I started. "Take one of these," I reached over pulling a basket from the pile of hand held baskets. "There's also a jewelry rack out back, we also have a perfume bar as well, so pick up anything that you like,"

She smiled at me again. "Thank you.....so much,"

"No problem,"

She took the basket from me before walking away into the crowd of other women that were here.

"How very sweet of you," I heard someone say behind me, causing me to turn around. "You must be Simone's daughter, Aliyah right?'

I nodded. "Yes, thats me, and you are?"

"Sandra," She started. "Sandra Wilden, I oversee the Sunshine Shelter, and a few more in this city, I've been speaking with your mother over the phone for the past month about this event, tonight was the night that we finally got to meet in person,"

Both of my brows shot up. "Oh, it's very nice to meet you, I really love that you and your team decided to do this......Im happy to be part of it,"

"Thank you, and I love that your mother let us use her boutique for this, not too many other boutiques in this area would've been on board with this, giving away clothes for free,"

I shrugged. "It's just clothes, and its such a good cause, I don't see why anyone would turn down the opportunity to help, no matter how much it costs,"

She smiled. "Like mother like daughter I see, your mother has mentioned quite a few times to me about how hands on you've been throughout this past month, helping get things together for tonight, I wanted to thank you personally for all your help, especially after finding out that you're not on the payroll for tonight," I fanned her off.