Chapter 44

Aliyah P.O.V.

I pulled up to the curb of the airport and automatically smiled once I seen Amara standing outside with all her bags.

I hit the locks, and rolled down the window once we made eye contact.

"Hey,"

She smiled at me, as she pulled one of her bags up on her shoulder.

"Hey."

"Do you need help?" I aksed, unbuckiling my seatbelt.

"No, I got it, can you open the trunk for me?" I nodded, lifting up the lever that popped the trunk.

I sat back in my seat as she loaded all of her bags and suitcases inside the trunk. Once she was done, she slid into the passenger seat, shutting the door.

"How was your flight?" I asked with a slight smile.

"Long as hell," She said in a sigh.  "Im just glad to finally be here, get a fresh start."

I nodded. "Im happy you're here....you remember back in high school how we said we were gonna come out to Atlanta together after we graduated?"

She chuckled. "Yep, I remember, better late than never."

I chuckled. "True."

I pulled off from the curb, making my way out of the airport.

"Alright," I started. "So where's the new apartment? Im free for a little bit, so I can stay and help you get settled into your new place,"

"...Actually," She started.

"......I have a reservation at the St.Regis....you know, the one in Buckhead?....I kinda lied and said that I had a place here.....Im still looking,"

Both of my brows shot up. "Wait, so you're gonna be staying in a hotel??Why didn't you tell me you didn't have a place down here yet??"

She shrugged. "I was so focused on leaving home as soon as I could, I knew that if everyone knew that I didn't have a place to stay in Atlanta yet, that I would be pressured into staying back home, and I wasn't gonna do that, or go back to my old apartment in North Carolina.

I sighed. "Amara, you act like you couldn't just stay with Ronnie and I until you found your place, we have so many spare bedrooms, just stay with us until you find something,"

She shook her head. "No, I don't wanna impose on you and your future husband, Im good, trust me, I'll be fine, just promise me that you'll come apartment hunting with me."

I sighed again, nodding my head. "Of course.....but I do feel a little uncomfortable knowing that you're gonna be cooped up in a hotel all alone, and you don't know anyone out here besides me,"

"I have a guy friend out here," She said correcting me. "So if I can't get into contact with you, I'll just call him, and he'll have my back."

I lifted a brow. "A guy friend? Does he have a name?"

"He does, but since he's really only my friend, it doesn't matter, its definitely not like that, my mind is nowhere on men right now, trust me," She turned towards the window, silent.

"Yeah." I started. "Marissa told me about Ty and Olivia........Im sorry Mara.....I honestly don't even know what to say about that."

"Its okay," She said, turning to me. "I don't even wanna talk about them,"

I nodded slowly, letting silence fill the car.

".......So I seen that Marcus Richmond is on the same team as Ronnie now,  small world huh?" She slightly chuckled, causing me to laugh nervously.