Chapter 64

Aliyah P.O.V.

I gritted my teeth, as I slowly removed the bandage that was covering the wound on the back of my head.

I tied my towel closer to my wet body, carefully putting up half of my hair that wasn't near my wound.

I brought my hands down to the sink, looking down at the strands of hair that filled both of my hands, letting me know my hair was starting to come out.

I took a deep breath, swallowing the tears that badly wanted to fill my eyes, but I forced them away, not wanting to cry over hair.

" Its just hair Aliyah," I said to myself as I continued to wash my hands.

"Relax, it'll grow back."

I turned off the faucet, wiping my hands on my towel, before opening up the medicine cabinet that was beside me.

I grabbed a fresh bandage, and the tube of ointment mama picked up for me, before re-doing my dressing to the best of my ability.

I knew mama or daddy would've helped if I'd asked, but I was tired of being treated as a hospital patient now that I'm home and in a comfortable space.

I stared at myself for a little while longer, taking in all the colored bruises that were taking forever to heal.

I pulled the door open, stepping out of the bathroom, slightly jumping once I turned the corner, almost bumping into AJ.

"Oh, sorry," I said lowly, stepping around him. "Good morning,"

He gave me a slight head nod, continuing to walk over towards the stairs. "Morning," he said lowly.

I stood in the same spot, watching him walk down the stairs, not even bothering to make eye contact with me once.

I sighed a little to myself, before walking back into my bedroom, jumping again, once I seen mama bent over in my closet.

I closed the door behind myself, causing her to stand up straight. "Oh hey baby," she started. "How was your shower?"

I walked over to the edge of my bed, sitting down. "It was fine,"

"Good, I was just grabbing some of your laundry to wash for you.......did you need any help changing your bandage?"

I shook my head. "No I did it already........is AJ going somewhere this morning?"

She nodded. "Yeah, he's going by Marissa's apartment to pick up Sky.....did you want to go with him?"

I automatically shook my head no, not wanting to be stuck in a car with him not talking to me.

"Oh no no, I was just wondering, it's early, that's all."

She chuckled. "That's the only thing I've ever seen him be on time for, if it's about his baby girl, he's there in a heartbeat, anything else, he's a late as can be," she chuckled again, shaking her head as she gathered up the rest of my clothes.

"After you get dressed, I have breakfast ready for you downstairs."

"Thank you,"

"Mhm, and after that, you and I have a appointment around 11 with my lawyer."

"Okay,"

She smiled a bit, holding my laundry basket underneath one arm.

"It's gonna be okay......trust me,"

She kissed the side of my cheek, before walking over to my door.

"Get dressed, I'll see you downstairs."