Chapter 41

Amara P.O.V.

I leaned my forehead up agaisnt the cell bars, hanging both of my hands outside of it. After the fiasco that went down at the hospital yesterday morning, security was called to detain me, but it took forever for me to calm down, so I ended up getting arrested outside of the hospital.

I blinked a few times, letting some tears drop to the ground, as I quickly wiped my face, feeling even more exhausted from crying. I knew I shouldn't even be crying over Ty's no good ass, but I was still hurting, and dealing with that pain, and the pain from mama's death was beginning to eat me alive.

"Ms.Baker."

I slowly lifted my head up, facing the officer that was standing infront of my cell. "You've made bail, you are free to go."

I wiped my eyes one last time as I stepped away from the cell bars, watching him unlock the cell door.

Once he pulled it open, he motioned for me to step out. "You can pick up your belongings at the front desk."

I slowly stepped out of my cell, and waited for him to lock the door back, before leading me out to the front of the station.

As soon as I turned the corner, I took a small sigh of relief once I seen Tony standing, waiting on me.

"Amara!" He quickly rushed over to me, pulling me into big hug.

I wrapped my arms around him, as more warm tears streamed out of my eyes. He held onto me, embracing me with love, something I really needed right now.

Once we seperated, I wiped my eyes again, clearing my throat. "Where's my dad?"

He sighed, shaking his head. "I don't know, after you told me you couldn't reach him, I tried calling him a few times as well, but his phone kept going to voicemail."

I sighed, shaking my head. "Thank god one of the officers let me have a second phone call or I don't know what wouldve happened......thank you for coming to pick me up.....and paying my bail."

He fanned me off. "I would do anything for you, you don't have to thank me.......but how did you end up here? Are you okay??" He looked me up and down, waiting for me to answer.

"......I really don't wanna get into the details." He held up both of his hands, letting me know he was backing off from the situation.

"Okay, let's just pick up your things, and get you home, Im sure you need some rest.....and just know whenever you need to talk, Im here for you."

I cracked a small smile. "...Thanks Tony." He kissed my cheek, before handing my his car keys. "I'll grab your things, just go take a seat in the car." I nodded.

"Can I use your phone? I wanna call my dad again." He nodded, reaching down into his pocket, handing me his phone.

I made my way out of the station, and over to Tony's all black Escalade. I climbed into the passenger seat, and rested my head back on the headrest.

I typed in daddy's number and held the phone up to my ear. It rang four times before going to voicemail, causing me to sigh.

"Where are you?" I mumbled.

I quickly hung up, and decided on reahcing out to Miranda instead. I dialed her number and placed the phone up to my ear, waiting for her to pick up.

MIRANDA: "Hello?"

I took a sigh of relief once I heard her voice.

ME: "Hey Miranda, it's Amara."