Chapter 47

A.J P.O.V.
I stood underneath my shower head with my eyes closed, letting the cold water run down my face and body.

It had been almost a week since I flew back from Bora Bora, and my mind hadn't been right ever since.

For whatever reason, I was having trouble sleeping at night, and eating during the day. I even found myself not being able to focus at work. When I returned, I sat at my desk for six hours and completed nothing, so I just took it upon myself to call out for the last three days.

I knew my boss was annoyed, because I had already been away from work for the trip, and then I call out the day after I return, but I truly didn't give a fuck. I didn't give a fuck about what he thought, or the will that needed to be done. I truly didn't give a fuck about anything.

I turned my head away from the water, and wiped my face with my hands, before turning the water off.

I slid open the glass door, and wrapped my towel around my lower half, before stepping out into my slides.

I had found myself constantly in and out of cold showers throughout the day, because it was the only thing I could actually feel. If I sat around on the couch or in my bed, all I could feel was numbness. My eyes would be stinging, tears on my cheeks, but my body wasn't connected whatsoever.

When I started to feel to out of it, I would hop in the shower and stand directly underneath the cold water, just to feel something. I hated cold showers with a passion, but for the last couple of days, it had been my only relief for the pain I was under.

I hit the lights in the bathroom, and made my way into my bedroom. As soon as I pushed the door open, I could hear my phone vibrating on my nightstand. I quickly glanced over at it and sighed once I seen mama calling me for the hundredth time since I got back to LA.

I'm sure she had got wind of what went down between Marissa and I back in Bora Bora, but I honestly ain't want to talk to nobody right now. I just needed my space, and I wish everybody would just fucking understand that.

I hit the ignore button, and took my towel off, completely drying myself first, before I stepped into my boxers, and a fresh pair of sweats.

I automatically sucked my teeth, when I heard my phone vibrating on my nightstand again. "Just leave me the fuck alone," I mumbled.

I reached over, and quickly looked at the screen to see Mariah calling me. I shook my head, hitting ignore button, before I turned my phone face down, leaving the bedroom.

All the phone calls were truly starting to annoy me. The only calls I was answering were Marissa's whenever she would call to let me speak to Sky to let her hear my voice, otherwise, we didn't say too much to each other.

I stepped into the living room, throwing myself back on the couch, in the same spot like I never left. I pushed all the fast food wrappers that were scattered across the coffee table out of the way, picking up the remote.

As soon as I started to look through the channels for something to watch, there was a knock at my door. I sighed, re-adjusting myself on the couch, since I wasn't gone answer it. Whoever it was probably isn't important no ways.

I re-focused myself on my tv, when the knocking started to increase. I frowned, getting upset at whoever was knocking on my door like the goddamn police.

"AJ, I know you're in there," My frown deepened at the sound of Mariah's voice on the other side of my door. "I legit see your car in the parking lot, so I know for a fact you're in here."

I rolled my eyes, ignoring her. I sat up on the couch straight, throwing my arms over the top of it, not moving.

"AJ," She started again. "I can hear your TV on nigga, I'm not dumb,"