Chapter 28

A.J. P.O.V.

"I heard you got a interview with a head honcho at UCLA, congrats man."

I took my seat at the break table across Jordan, dapping him up. "Aye thanks man, I'm suppose to be hearing back from guy I had the interview with in a few weeks, im hoping it sooner rather than later you feel me?"

"Yeah, we all tryna get up out here, this was a good college job, but now that we graduated, it's time to move on too bigger and better, im talking bout elevatin' yo life typa shit."

I chuckled, noding my head. "Yeah I feel you, and that's exactly what Im on, and I plan on starting my upgrade at home."

"What you talkin bout?"

I smirked, reaching down into my pocket, pulling out a black box.

"Is that what I think it is man?" I nodded my head, pulling th box open. "Take a look at that."

"Damnnnnnnn man, you bouta propose to yo girl?" I smirked. "Yeah, it's been over due, and now that I got this new job possibly lined up, it's the perfect time."

"Congrats man, I know that I ain't ready for all that, but then again, if I had a girl as fine as yours, with a body like that, shiiiiit, I'll be propsing too."

I sucked my teeth. "Yeah ight, calm down, but foreal though, my daughter's birthday is coming up, so I plan on poppin the question then, when all of our family and friends are around."

"That's wassup kid,"

"I know I joke around alot,  but congrats to you and your fam."

"Aye thanks man, I appreciate it."

"Yeah, and if it doesn't work out, Im calling first dips on Marissa if she's ever back on the market."

I sucked my teeth again, shoving the box back in my pocket. "Ight, don't get knocked out in this bitch."

He laughed, "I kid, I kid."

"August."

I turned my attention to the doorway, to see Whitney standing there.

"Oh shit, wassup Ms.White." Jordan said with half a smile. "Mr.Phillips." She gave him a slight head nod, before placing her focus back on me.

"I know I haven't gotten all my paperwork  back to you yet, but I planned on-"

"Turning it all in by the end of the day? Perfect." She said finishing his sentence for him.

".....Right." He mumbled. "I'll fuck withchu later kid." He stood up from the table, giving me dap before walking out, leaving Whitney and I alone.

I sat back in my seat, waiting for her to speak.

"....What's for lunch?" She asked with half a smile. She stepped forward from the doorway, making her way over to Jordan's chair that was directly across from me.

"...I had chicken alfredo." She nodded her head as she sat back in her seat, crossing her legs.

"Sounds good."

I nodded. "It was....my girlfriend made it for me."

"Good to know." She leaned back some more, placing her arm up on the top of the chair.

"So....have you heard from Mr.Vontello yet?" I sighed, shaking my head. "Nah."

"Hmm...well I know he really liked you....maybe I can give him a call later on and see-"

"Nah, you don't got to do that, I can handle it from here," I said, cutting her off.

"Oh.....okay....well if you don't hear from him soon, let me know, and i'll put a little fire under his butt for you." She slightly smiled, causing me to sigh again.