Chapter 23

Marcus P.O.V.

I pulled into my usual spot at Kelia's job, parking my car. I knew she would be coming out any minute now, since the day was over and most of the kids were outside either walking home, hanging out around the campus, or getting on buses.

I leaned back into my seat, placing one hand on the steering wheel, keeping my eyes on the door she always came out of. I finally got her to slightly speak to me at the game last night, so I knew this would be the best oppurtunity for me to show her I was serious about making our family work.

A small smile formed on my lips, once I seen her step out of the building. "Damn." I mumbled, watching her walk down the steps.

She placed her bag on her shoulder, automatically looking up at the place where she knew I always parked. I smiled some more, honking the horn, so she would know I saw her.

I sat up in my seat, keeping one hand on the steering wheel,watching her walk up to the passenger seat door.

Once she opened the door I smiled, licking my lips. "Hey beautiful."

I watched her slide in the passenger seat, sitting her purse in her lap. "Hey."

"..How was your day?"

"Fine." She buckled her seatbelt, placing her hair behind her ear.

"Good....you ready to go?"

"Where are we going?" She asked in a slight sigh. "It's a surprise, but I know you gon like it." I smiled, pulling away from the curb.

Aliyah P.O.V.

"So have you two looked through those brochures I gave you?"

I took a sip of my coffee, crossing my legs.

"I have." Ronnie started. "I really liked the winter wedding brochures, I actually think those were my favorites."

Chrissy smiled. "That's actually my favorite time to plan weddings, what about you Aliyah? What did you think?"

I paused for a second, still holding my coffee cup in my hand. "....Uh....the winter brochure was nice." I said, completely lying.

"So does that mean we reached an agreement? Or you two still need some time?" Ronnie smirked, looking over at me. "I guess we've reached a agreement, right baby? You tryna plan something for the winter?"

"This winter?" I asked confused.

"Yeah, maybe right before Christmas and after my last game."

"Oh.....I thought we were gunna plan something for next year."

"Next year?" He asked in a chuckle. "That's pretty far from now, are you sure you don't wanna do something sooner?"

"....Planning a wedding takes alot of time and energy....and I don't wanna run Chrissy here into the ground, trying to get everything done in a short amount of time....I mean winter is only in a few months."

"Im used to it all," Chrissy said, speaking up. "I planned weddings in two months and less, trust me, I can handle it."

I sat there silent for a second. ".......I just want everything to be perfect, and I don't wanna rush anything."

He sighed. "I thought it would be a good idea to have the wedding in off season, so I won't be as busy, and I can be there for some last minute details, you know, besides the female stuff like decorations and all that."

He smirked at me, causing Chrissy to chuckle.

"That actually makes alot of sense Aliyah, but you're the bride, so your input is needed and, Im sure Ronnie will agree when I say you have the final say."