Chapter 70 (PART 1)

Aliyah P.O.V.

"Alright, we booked your first interview for after the holidays......have you gave any more thought to what I asked you?"

I took a deep breath, as I switched my phone to my other ear, putting in my earring.

"I did, and I really didn't plan on doing anymore interviews after this first one. I think the more places I go, and people I talk to could ultimately make the situation more messy and drama filled than what it already is......I know that people may have more questions, but that's why I'm going to try my best to be as transparent and honest when I sit down with Gayle...I know social media is going to go crazy with more speculations and questions, and I think doing more interviews with different bloggers and journalists can make this worse for me."

"Okay," Derek started. "I'm just here to help you execute whatever you feel is best for you, and if you only want to do the interview with Gayle, that's 100% up to you."

I smiled a tiny bit to myself, nodding as if he could see me. "Thank you,"

"Of course. Now, Gayle's team informed me that she'll be flying out a few weeks after New year's to come interview you at your parents home, so that means it'll be her and her crew in the house for several hours at a time,"

I nodded. "I know, my parents are fine with her coming here, they know that I really wanted the interview to be done somewhere I was comfortable, so they're accommodating me."

"Good, so it Seems as if everything is all set, I'll email you all the specifics in a few minutes, but I do want to bring to your attention that the interview is scheduled like a week after your court date, so whatever the verdict is, I'm sure you're going to be asked to talk about it,"

"I know," I said in a sigh. "I've thought about that as well.....and I'm ready, my therapist, Dr.Kelly will be here the day of the interview for moral support and to help me talk through some things if I can't articulate them, I'm ready to do this."

"Well then everything is ready for you to do it," he began. "And if it means anything, you have my full support, I may not know much about what you went through, other than what was put on social media, but just as a family friend and employee, I support you and wish you luck,"

I smiled. "Thank you Derek, I actually really appreciate that,"

"No problem, but don't let me hold you up. I'll emailing you right now, so don't forget to check that when you have a chance. Go ahead and enjoy Christmas Eve with your family, and tell your mom and dad I said hello,"

"I will, and you do the same.....again, thank you for your help....happy holidays,"

"Happy holidays Aliyah, stay safe,"

I smiled a little to myself as I hung up the phone, sitting it down on my vanity.

I took a sigh of relief, happy that everything was finally falling into place. I only had a few more weeks before it was time for my court case against Ronnie, and although I was nervous to see him again, I really just wanted to get it over with.

Although I had been in a better place in my life these last few months, the court case was still like a dark cloud looming over my life, and my growth as well. I just needed to get through it to fully feel like I was leaving it in my past, so having the interview with Gayle scheduled shortly after, definitely made it feel like a chapter closer for me.

I stood up from my vanity, checking out my outfit one last time before I made my way out of my bedroom.

As soon as I stepped out of the door, the aroma of whatever the chefs mama hired to cook today hit my nostrils.