Chapter 38

Marcus P.O.V.

"What you up to in here little monster?" I leaned up agaisnt Bria's doorframe, smirking.

"Nothing, I was scrolling through instagram.....I thought you were suppose to be helping Mr.Kenny wash the dishes." She switched off her phone screen, sitting upright in her bed.

"Nah, he got it. I wanted to see what was up with my baby sis," I stepped inside her room, taking a seat on the edge of her bed.

"Hows school going?" She shrugged. "School is school, like always, nothing new,"

"Ight, staying away from the boys right?" She sighed, rolling her eyes. "Yes Marcus, I told you, the boys at my school are so gross, like really gross."

I chuckled. "And it's only gets worse when they're older."

".....I dont think Chris is gross," She said with a half of smile. I sucked my teeth, wishing she would grow out of whatever infatuation she had with Chris.

"Chris is gross, and too old for you still, and will always be to old for you. When you gone move on from that?" She shrugged.

"When we get married," She smiled.

I frowned, nudging her. "Stop playing with me."

"Marcus," I turned my attention to Bria's doorway to see mama standing there with her hand on her hip.

"Kenny is downtairs doing the dishes, waiting on you," I sighed. "Im talkin to Bria."

She tilted her to the side, looking at me. "You and Bria will have all the time to talk tomorrow, up until you have to leave, Kenny will be leaving in a few, and he wants to speak to you."

I sighed again.

"Ight," I mumbled.

"Okay, Im going to shower, goodnight y'all."

"Night mama," Bria and I both said at the same time. Whe she left, I took a big deep breath, standing up from her bed.

"Ight well, goodnight."

"Night."

I turned around to walk away, but the sound of Bria's voice stopped me.

"Hey, you know my birthday is coming up right?" I chuckled. "Maybe I do, maybe I don't."

She smiled. "......Are you getting me something?"

"Maybe I am, maybe Im not."

"Marcus," She said in a chuckle.

"Ight, you know I got you." A huge smile spread across her face. ".....Can you give me a hint?" I shook my head. "Nah, you'll see when you get it."

"Fine," She mumbled. "It better be good." I laughed.

"And you better behave long enough to be able to get it, mama told me about the slick mouth you've been having lately, just because you're turning 13 doesnt mean you're grown."

She sighed. "You sound like mama, and I know, Im working on it.......you were way worse than me, just because I was younger doesnt mean I forgot, you cursed alot in this house."

I sucked my teeth. "This ain't about me, it's about you, don't be disrespectful to mama ight? She's your only parent and she takes damn good care of you, just mind your mouth, got it?"

She noddedd. "Okay."

"Cool......goodnight, I love you ugly."

"Love you too."