Chapter 22

Jessica P.O.V.

I reached over to the chair beside me, searching my bag for my ringing phone.

I leaned back into my vibrating chair, and quickly answered once I seen daddy calling me.

ME: "Hey daddy."

DADDY: "Hey babygirl, what you up too?"

ME: "Nothing, at the nail salon right now, what's up?"

DADDY: "I haven't heard from you since I saw you in LA, I was just calling to check on you."

ME: "Oh, well Im fine, how's mom?"

DADDY: "She's good, she's coming out with me tonight, while Im working."

I smiled a little.

ME: "That's good, she hates being involved in your job, Im glad she's actually showing her face tonight."

He chuckled.

DADDY: "Me too, are you coming out tonight? I tried calling your brother earlier, but he didn't answer, I need atleast one of my kids to wanna see me."

I looked down at the lady painting my toes, not sure what to say.

ME: ".....As nice as that sounds daddy, I kinda have my own plans tonight......but I promise I'll come out there another time."

I lied.

DADDY: "Okay, Im gunna take your word on that, but what's these plans you have for tonight? I hope they don't involve a boy."

I slightly rolled my eyes, hating when he would bring up my dating life.

ME: "No, actually it doesn't."

DADDY: "Good, so Im assuming you stopped seeing that boy you were always with."

I frowned.

ME: "I was never seeing him daddy, we were just friends, I told you that a million times."

DADDY: "I know what you told me, but I was just making sure, you kept your "friend" a secret for so long, I just assume it was something else going on."

ME: "Nothing else is going on....or should I say was, we're not friends anymore."

DADDY: "Really now? Wow, and what brought that on all of a sudden? I thought you two were good friends, well that's what you told me."

I sighed, not really wanting to relive this.

ME: "We were, but things change, his girl was uncomfortable with out friendship, and he basically ended our friendship because of that, no biggie."

DADDY: "Hmph. Atleast he has some respect for the woman that he's with......is this the same friend yo bought that Rolex for? With my money?"

I sighed.

ME: "Yes, and before you say anything, he returned it too me, already, so I planned on giving it back to you."

DADDY: "Good. And what were you doing buying him a watch anyways?"

ME: "Daddy....I told you, it was a gift for something big he had accomplished, but none of that matters anymore, I'll drop the watch off sometime this week whenever I have a chance."

DADDY: "Alright, but anyways, besides checking on you, I was calling to see if you wanted to do your old man a favor."

I lifted a brow.

ME: "What kind of favor?"

DADDY: "Well first, before I tell you, I have to ask you, how's the job search coming along?"