Prologue

Six Months Later

Aliyah P.O.V.

"So are you coming tonight? I know the guys are gunna be all grouped up and I don't wanna be the only girl with them."

I sighed, leaning up agaisnt my car door. "I don't know Brittany, Im working late tonight."

She sighed, smacking her lips together. "So? Any other time you work late and Ronnie wants you to go out with him, you go."

"That's different."

"How? She asked, folding her arms across her chest. "He understands that Im tired from work, and doesn't keep me out all night, you on the other hand, you don't know how to turn down."

She chuckled. "I do, I've gotten better at it, I promise, but just come and have fun for like two hours, and I promise you can go home to your boo."

I sighed. "I don't know, besides being tired, you know how I feel about being around the group again....it's just awkward."

"Oh come on." She started. "You and Marcus broke up almost a year ago, and you're dating someone new, just because you guys broke up, that shouldn't stop you from seeing the rest of us, they haven't seen you since graduation."

"I know, but at the end of the day, those are Marcus' friends, and it doesn't feel right coming around when we aren't together anymore."

She sighed. "And what about me?"

"You're a different story, I don't mind hanging out with you....alone, I just don't wanna hang out with everyone like we did in high school...it's just weird now under the circumstances."

"We won't even be around them, that's the whole point of me asking you to come tonight, so we can both hang out, away from the guys."

I was silent, thinking about what I should do.

"Please Li?"

I sighed, shaking my head. ".....What time does the party start?"

A wide smile appeared on Brittany's face, before she hugged me. "Oh my god, thank you!"

"Yeah, yeah, you owe me." I said, hugging her back.

Marcus P.O.V.

"Aye,we still goin to that party tonight?" Will nodded his head. "Yeah, Brittany and I are definetely slidin, and you know Chris never turns down a party."

I chuckled. "True, is he bringin that female he's been talkin too?"

He shrugged. "Ion know, but if he did I wouldn't be suprised, Im actually shocked he's in a real relationship with somebody."

"Forreal." I started. "But that's wassup, we all have dates tonight then." Both of Will's brows shot up, once he realized what I said.

"We will? And who you bringin?"

I smirked, rubbing my chin. "You remember back in high school when you got into that coma?" He nodded.

"Yeah, how could I forget?"

"Well when you was out, Chris and I had went on that Senior College tour, and even though I was with Aliyah at the time, I met this female on the trip."

He frowned. "You did?"

"Yeah, I ain't ever say anything about it, since I was goin through alot, and Aliyah was the only female I wanted at the time, but you know, when I moved out here I ran into her again and we just hit it off."