Chapter 83

THREE DAYS LATER

Aliyah P.O.V.

What time does our flight leave? Was it 10:15 or 11:15?"

I softly sighed, as I continued to pack my suitcase.

"11:15, so we need to leave here in the next 25 minutes to make it to the airport on time,"

Marissa nodded. "Okay, I'm going to bring my suitcase and Sky's bag to the rental car......can I take anything for you?"

I shook my head no. "No, still packing, I'll be done soon though,"

"Okay....... You okay? You seem a little down,"

I folded up the shirt I had in my hands, placing it down in my suitcase. "I'm fine," I smiled a little bit, trying to make it more believable.

"....... Did he atleast call?" She asked, leaning up against the doorframe.

"No,"

She sighed, stepping inside my room. "...I told you that one way or another you would leave here with the clarity you needed on the situation......it's just not what you wanted out of it,"

"Yeah," I said in a sigh. "It's okay though.......I got my closure,"

"Things will get better Li," she said walking over to me. "It's not the end......it's a new beginning,"

I smiled a bit. "Thanks,"

"I'll be back..... gonna put the stuff in the car, and then I'll come help you finish packing,"

"Okay,"

Marcus P.O.V.

"Come on, come on, come on, how many fucking red lights can you get??"

I leaned back into my seat, feeling frustrated.

It had been three days since Aliyah had popped up at the game unannounced wanting to talk to me.

After going out to celebrate the win that night, I went back to the crib, and had a few drinks, since Desiree wouldn't let me drink in the club.

I guess she was right about the drinking, because the few drinks I had, turned into a few more drinks, and a few more drinks after that, until I was completely wasted and passed out.

The next day I spent majority of my time nursing my own hangover, that I completely forgot anything about Aliyah and the situation, let alone how long she would be here for.

And after thinking things over, I knew we owed it to ourselves to have the conversation, so I wanted to give us the opportunity to do so.

"Turn green already, goddamn," I mumbled, slightly slamming my hands down on the steering wheel.

I glanced over at the GPS, checking how far I was from the beach house Aliyah gave me the address to.

"25 minutes..... okay, we making progress," I said, trying to calm myself down.

At this point, I had no clue whether she was still in Cali or not, seeing as how she never told me the time she was leaving, I was just taking the chance, hoping she would be there when I pulled up.

I reached over for my phone, quickly going to my call log, before tapping her name for the hundredth time tonight.

I sat my phone beside me, putting it on speaker, hoping she would pick up.

"Come on Li," I said lowly.

As soon as the light turned green, her voicemail picked up, causing me to sigh.