Chapter 78

3 DAYS LATER

Aliyah P.O.V.

"When are you coming home baby? I miss you being home,"

I sighed, leaning back into the headboard of the bed I was sitting on, as I played with the noodles in the box of lo mein I was holding.

"I don't know..... I'm not ready......I just have a lot of peace here..... that I don't have at home,"

Mama sighed, leaning back into her chair. "I get it......I just wish you would come home, I need some other company other than your father right now,"

I frowned. "Is everything okay with you two? You've been here visiting me everyday since I left, I just thought you were concerned,"

"I am," she started. "I know emotionally you're going through a lot and I just wanted to be there for you, but also you're not the only one who needs space from your father right now...I would get my own hotel room if I could,"

Both of my brows shot up. ".... Did something happen after I left?"

"No," She said in a sigh. "I'm just disappointed and disgusted on how he went about things with you and Marcus, and I'm even more disgusted that he went behind my back and did all of this, he lied to me, but wanted to preach about lying, he's a walking conundrum,"

"Tell me about it," I mumbled, sitting my container of food down. "......I don't know when I'm coming home, but I do know that I want to get all my thoughts together before I do, so I can have a talk with daddy,"

"Oh," she said, lifting a brow. "....A talk about what happened?"

"Something like that, mainly a talk about what I feel and what I think about what happened, I'm too angry to talk right now, and I don't want anything to come out the wrong way, so until I calm down, I just think it's best that I don't talk to him,"

She nodded. "Has he tried calling you?"

"Yeah," I said in a sigh. "He called twice today but I sent them straight to voicemail, does he know that you've been hanging out here with me everyday?"

"Well, seeing as how I haven't spoken to him in three days, no."

"I'm sorry mama," I said shaking my head. "I feel responsible for the issues between you two, everything kinda goes back to this stupid tape nonsense,"

"You have nothing to apologize for, your father made those decisions on his own. And although I do think his intentions were pure, how he handled it was not a way a parent should,"

I was silent.

"Don't worry about your father and I," she continued. "We'll be fine, I just want you to focus on you and what you're feeling mentally and emotionally....... Have you......heard from Marcus at all?"

"No," I said plainly, not wanting to think about him. "I haven't spoken to him since he left the house the other day,"

"......Have you tried to call? Or has he?"

"No," I said again plainly. "We've had no contact, well no attempts for contact,"

She nodded slowly. "Do you plan on contacting him? I assume there's still things that need to be resolved between you two,"

"I don't know....... Although we weren't officially back together, it felt like we ended things again, like everything was just done without having to say the actual words....... It just felt different,"

"And you're okay with that?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, I'm still processing everything. As messed up as the situation was, daddy wasn't lying, he still did lie to me mama, he chose himself over something so serious as this,"