Chapter 70 (PART 2)

Aliyah P.O.V.

I slowly closed the front door behind myself, trying my best to not let it shut to hard to make a sound.

I stepped out of my boots carefully as I could, leaning back on the wall behind me for support.

Once they were off, I slowly slid mama's keys out of my pocket, sitting them quietly at one of the tables beside the door.

"Okay....now just make it upstairs," I whispered to myself.

I stepped up each step one by one, until I finally reached my bedroom.

As soon as I stepped inside, I slowly closed the door behind myself, before searching the wall for the light switch.

As soon as my fingertips touched it, the lamp beside my bed switched on, causing me to jump.

I placed my hand on my chest, trying to catch my breath once I seen mama sitting on the side of my bed with her arms folded.

"Do you have any idea what time it is??"

I swallowed hard, nodding my head. "Yeah I do.......Merry Christmas,"

She smacked her lips together, turning to face me. "Aliyah, where the hell have you been??? I called you a million times, your father thought you might've been in another car accident, we were so close to calling the police, what the hell,"

I sighed. "I'm sorry..... I lost track of time,"

"Doing what?? Shopping for apples? That I don't see you brought with you by the way,"

"Shit," I mumbled, realizing I'd left the groceries In Marcus' car.

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes. "I'm not gonna lie.......I'll tell you the truth, but you have to promise me you won't get upset.....or judge me,"

She frowned. "Judge you? Why would I judge you?"

"Because," I started. "I ran into Marcus at the market tonight,"

Both of her brows raised. "Marcus Marcus?"

I nodded. "Yeah, and we had a long conversation,"

"On Christmas Eve?" She asked confused. "What could y'all have been talking about for that lo-" She gasped, stopping her sentence.

"......Did you tell him about the baby?" I shook my head. "No....that's not something I wanna tell him just yet....but, I haven't been sharing every single thing that Dr. Kelly and I have been talking about in therapy, but I need you to know, so you can understand what I'm gonna tell you next,"

"Okay," she said taking a deep breath. "I'm all ears,"

I walked over to her, taking a seat beside her on the bed.

"I really had to do alot of digging with Dr. Kelly in order to understand a lot of the choices I made this past year, starting with my relationship with Ronnie,"

She was silent.

"I never really loved him mama..... I thought I did, I cared for him deeply, but I truly didn't love him like that, that's why the idea of getting married gave me so much stress,"

"I was just gonna go through with it because I was too afraid to end things with him because of what you all may say, and with him being such a well known athlete, I knew that story would be everywhere,"

She sighed. "Wow..... I had no idea,"

"I know, because truthfully at the time I didn't even know, but anyways, I never told you this, but that tape that came out....that wasn't the only time Marcus and I had.....you know,"

Interception (Book 6)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें