Chapter 15

Marcus P.O.V.

I stuffed my last pair of pants down in my suitcase, bopping my head to the music playing in my headphones.

It was going on 7:30 and my flight back home was in half a hour. I zipped up my suitcase, pulling it off the bed, when there was a knock at my door.

I pulled one headphone out my ear, and made my way over to the door, unlocking it and pulling it open.

"Oh thank god, I thought you were on your flight back home." I stepped to side, watching Jess bombard her way into my room.

"Im bouta leave soon, so you and yo lil friends shit woulda been in the trash." I said, closing the door behind her.

She sucked her teeth. "It's just my stuff, I made them clean up after themselves, but thanks for having my back."

I shook my head. "And what made you think you could just leave all yo shit strolled around my room like this? I almost broke my fuckin ankle one of them fake ass red bottoms you left in the middle of the floor."

She rolled her eyes, quickly picking up the things she had scattered across my floor.

"You know, you could've picked some of this stuff up to help me out, and those heels were real, don't play with me."

"Whatever, just hurry up and get yo stuff, and don't forget about them dry ass tracks in the bathroom either."

"You really get on my last nerve, I shoulda never got you that Rolex, since you stay cracking on me."

I chuckled. "You know that's how we do Jess, don't be goin soft on me." She rolled her eyes again.

"Whatever, let me just finish getting my stuff so I can go, what time does your flight leave?"

"In half a hour." She nodded. "Ok, cool, I'll be out in five minutes, tops."

"Ight." I turned around, continuing to grab my things, stuffing them down in my suitcase.

".....So is you really not gon tell me where you went last night?" I looked over my shoulder at her, smirking.

"You're still on that? It's a new day, get over it." I chuckled. "You're gunna tell me one of these day."

She slightly smiled. "That's what you think." I opened my mouth to speak, but the sound of the hotel room phone ringing, stopped me.

"Aye, get that for me." I said, motioning to the phone on the nightstand."

"Nigga, Im not your maid." I sucked my teeth. "Just get the damn phone, stop playin."

She sighed, pushing her hair behind her ears, as she plopped down on the bed, grabbing the phone.

"Hello?" I turned back around, continuing to pack my clothes.

"You called this phone, who is this??" I frowned a little, looking over my shoulder.

"Well who are you trying to reach??" She asked with a slight attitude. My frown deepend. "Who is that?" I asked, mouthing the words to her.

She shrugged, moving the phone away from her. "I don't know, it's some female, she won't tell me who she is, or who she's trying to reach, but she had the nerve to ask me who I was when I picked up the phone."

She put the phone back to her ear, sitting up. "Look, I don't have time for the games this morning, who is this? And who are you trying to reach??"

I was silent.

"No, you called this phone, Im not gunna tell you who I am, the hell."

I sighed, holding out my hand. "Gimme the phone." She rolled her eyes, taking the phone away from her ear, handing it to me.