Chapter 76

Simone P.O.V.

"Baby, when are you coming home? You said you would be back a week ago, I don't see how this quick business trip got extended a whole week,"

I rolled over in bed, switching the phone to my left ear.

"I'll be back in a few days, I promise, I know the change happened last minute, but that happens sometimes, I'm sorry ma, how you want me to make it up to you?"

I softly rolled my eyes. "By coming home, I don't need or want anything besides you,"

"Mmmm, so it's like that?"

"It's been like that for years, so can you just come home please?"

He chuckled. "I will, in due time, I got my hand in something right now, but I'm almost done, after that I'll be on the first flight back to you,"

I sighed. "What are you doing anyway? You never gave any details on the business you were handling on this said business trip,"

"That's because it ain't the time to speak on it yet, you know I don't prematurely talk about anything, when the time is right, I fill you in,"

"Fill me in?" I asked lifting a brow. "Since when do I need to get filled in on business moves? The last time you ever filled me in on something business related was back when we were dating, and I wasn't all the way entitled to know what your business moves were, but in all of the years of our marriage all business decisions have been discussed with me first,"

"I know baby," he said in a sigh. "But you'll understand why I kept you out of this this time, just trust me to finish out what I'm doing, and I'll be back home soon,"

"As long as no funny business is going on, then fine......just get back home,"

"Whatchu mean by funny business?"

"You should know what I mean," I started. "As long as you're not doing something you're not suppose to then I'll wait until you get back,"

"When am I ever doing something I ain't supposed to be doing? I been with you for how many years??? Faithfully at that,"

I playfully rolled my eyes again. "Yeah, well keep it that way,"

He sucked his teeth. "I ain't got time for none of that bullshit, ima grown ass man, what I look like out here cheating at my big age?"

I chuckled. "AJ really needs to stop teaching you these terms, but a dummy is what you would look like, especially cheating on me, but I'm glad you know," I cracked a small smile once I heard him begin to laugh.

"Ight, that's my que to go, you somethin else......but on a serious note, I'll be home in a few days, these hotel beds ain't hittin like ours.....and they don't come with any women in lingerie each night like my crib does,"

I smirked. "Mhmm right, but you better stick to your word and be home in a few days,"

"I will, 4 days max."

"Alright, call me later, I'm gonna get up and make myself a small breakfast,"

"Yourself? Aliyah's not home?"

"No, she slept over at Marissa's apartment last night, so she should be back later,"

"Oh, as long as that's where she really was,"

I shook my head. "That's really where she is, and if it wasn't, she would tell me, she has no reason to be sneaking around and lying about if she's with Marcus or not, anytime she's going out to see him she tells me, she's not a teenager anymore, she doesn't have to hide her relationship from us,"