Chapter 19

Kelia P.O.V.

"Before you leave, Im aware that Mr.Jordan assigned some homework yesterday, so I'll be collecting it, as your ticket out the door."

I sat up straight in my seat, as the bell rang, letting me know that class was officially over.

"Come up to the desk, and sit yourpapers in a pile, and you may leave."

I watched everyone shuffle through their folders and bags, searching for the homework that was assigned to them.

Slowly, but surely, they all started to come up one by one, placing a piece of paper on my desk, before heading out the door.

"I'll see you guys tommorow, make sure you read those chapters."

I watched all the kids leave, before scooting into my desk, taking a deep breath. Today was the first day I had been back in the classroom in like a week and a half since I've been so consumed in what was going on at home.

I still hadn't decided if I was going to fix things with Marcus or not, but I knew I couldn't keep missing work in the meantime while I was trying to figure it out.

I closed my eyes and rested my head in my hands, trapping myself in the thoughts that I had shut off for this whole class period.

It was like everytime I had a moment of silence, my mind would automatically go back to him, and everything I was dealing with right now.

I still hadn't spoken to him, or returned any of his calls, and I wasn't sure if I was ready too. I mean, Giselle's been trying to convince me to have a conversation with him, but no one understands what Im feeling right now.

Not only am I angry for him lying to me about this Jessica girl, but Im hurt that he's constantly putting her before me.

And as much as he tells me he's not doing anything with her, it's hard to believe since he's always lying or sneaking around being with her without me knowing.

I took another deep breath, when the sound of the classroom door opening, automatically caused me to look up.

I turned my attention to the door, and cleared my throat, sitting up straight, once I seen Terrence unlocking the door from the outside.

He pulled the door open, stepping inside with his work bag. "Good Afternoon."

I slightly nodded. "Good afternoon.....I didn't know you were stopping by."

"Yeah, just briefly, I decided to stop by to collect the homeowrk that I assigned yesterday, I wanna get a head start on the grades."

"Oh....um, okay." I opened up one of the drawers, pulling out the other four stacks of papers I had collected today.

"This is all the homework from period 1 through five....obviously sixth hour hasn't started yet, but I'll collect when it does."

He slightly smiled, grabbing the stacks of papers from me. "Alright, no, problem, thanks...I'll see you at the meeting this Friday."

I forced a smile on my face, nodding my head. "Yeah, okay."

He stuck the papers in his bag, before turning to walk away.

"Oh, wait." I started, causing him to turn around. "I almost forgot to say thank you."

He chuckled, pulling his strap further up on his shoulder. "Thank you for what?"

"Covering for me." I started. "I really appreciate you working all last week for me, I know you probably had to change some things around last minute....so thank you."