Chapter 9

3 Weeks Later

Aliyah P.O.V.

It's been three weeks since Ronnie and I had announced the engagement news back at home, and I finally had the courage to start wearing my ring out in public.

I hadn't been in the public eye much, so the media still didn't know anything about the engagement, and I kinda wanted to keep it that way.

I was just glad that my ring blended in with the rest of my jewlery the night of the banquet, so when the pictures came out, no one could really spot the ring on my finger.

But as of today, all the drafts had been picked, and it was officially football season again, starting with the Panthers first home game today.

I grabbed my baseball cap with the Georgia Panthers logo on it, and slid into Giselle's passenger seat.

"You got everything?" She asked, starting up the car. "Yeah."

"First game of the season, here we go again." I slightly chuckled, nodding my head.

"17 weeks and 16 games, I have a feeling something crazy is gunna happen this season." I frowned, looking over at her.

"Why do you say that?"

"It's just a feeing." She said, as she backed up out of Ronnie's driveway.

"And you know everytime I have a feeling about something, Im right."

"Stop over exaggerating." I started. "You may be right about some stuff, but not everything."

"Call it what you want, but I guarantee you Im right about this."

"Uh huh." I mumbled.

Marcus P.O.V.

"Im so proud of you baby, goodluck out there, I'll be watching." I slightly chuckled, as Kelia pulled up to the stadium entrance.

"Watching me do what? Ride the bench? Im a rookie baby, Im no gon be playing for awhile." She shrugged. "So? Im still proud of you, for getting this far, you're still apart of the team, riding the bench or not."

She pulled up to the ramp that led to the locker room, hitting the locks. I smirked, kissing her on the cheek.

"Love you."

"Love you too."

"And I love you lil gangsta." I said, touching her belly.

"Hurry up and get in there before they kick your ass off the team for being late." I laughed, grabbing my gym bag out the back seat.

"Always got jokes, but here, I got you this."

I reached into my back pocket, pulling out a skybox ticket.

"Just in case you wanna get a better view of me on the bench." Her eyes widened as she took the ticket out of my hand.

"Where'd you get this?"

"Every player gets skybox tickets, I ain't steal them or nothing." She laughed. "Okay, well in that case, me and the little one will be watching you."

"Ight." I kissed her one more time before hopping out the car, making my way up to the locker room.

****

"You ready to keep that bench warm Richmond?" I looked over my shoulder at Jordan, while some of the other guys laughed.

"You ready to actually put some work in this year?" Some of the guys oooh'd , laughing again.

"Oh, so you got jokes?" He asked, turning around.