Chapter 62

Aliyah P.O.V.

My eyes slowly began to open, as soft beeping become more and more prominent as I regained my consciousness.

I blinked a few times, clearing my vision, looking around the hospital room I was somehow in.

I slowly turned my head to the left, to see Mama sitting in the corner with Marissa beside her, comforting her.

I slowly turned my head to the right, looking at the tray of instruments that sat beside me with different tools and gauze, which must've been used on me.

I slowly turned back around, opening my mouth to speak.

".....Mama,"

As soon as I said her name, she looked over at me, popping up from her seat.

"Aliyah, oh my god,"

She rushed over to my bedside, throwing her arms around me.

"Oh my baby," she said through tears.

Marissa walked over to the other side of my bed, looking down at me with wet eyes and cheeks. "We were all so worried about you,"

She wiped her eyes, grabbing onto my hand.

"Marissa can you let everyone know she's awake please," she wiped her eyes as Marissa nodded her head.

"Of course, I'll be right back,"

Once she stepped out, I looked around the room again, trying to put the pieces together.

I tried lifting my head off the pillow and I automatically frowned, grabbing onto my head once I felt how heavy it was.

"You okay, how do you feel?" Mama asked.

"Tired," I said weakly. "My body......feels bruised and my head.....my head is pounding,"

She looked down at my face and body, as if she was trying to take something in.

"The doctor said you may have some pain when you wake up.....Can you sit up at all baby?" She asked, looking me up and down.

I tried scooting up in my bed, but my body felt to weak and too sore to move.

"I can't,"

She nodded. "It's fine....just wait for your father,"

Silence filled the space around us for a few seconds, until the door opened again, revealing daddy, AJ, Mariah, Marissa and Amara.

"Baby girl," daddy said, quickly walking over to my bedside. "Oh my god," he mumbled, leaning over, kissing the top of my forehead.

"Are you okay?" I nodded, looking up at his glassy eyes as if he was trying to hold back his tears.

He looked me up and down, clenching his jaw as if he was upset.

I opened my mouth to speak, but the sound of the door opening up stopped me.

"Mr. and Mrs. Alsina,"

Everyone turned their attention to the door to see a police officer stepping inside.

"I don't mean to interrupt, do you have a minute to talk? I have a update for you, but I can come back if this is a bad time,"