Chapter 21

Amara P.O.V.

My leg jumped nervously up and down, as I sat beside mama's bedside.

I glanced over to the small window, to see Miranda pacing the hallway on the phone, probably with daddy, lying to him about where she was right now.

I took a deep breath, and looked back over at mama, hoping she would wake up any second now.

Thank god it was nothing serious, but I still wanted the doctor to check her again once she woke up, so I was patiently waiting for her eyes to open.

"Is she still out?"

I turned my attention to the door, seeing Miranda stepping inside the room. "Yeah, was that daddy?"

She sighed, sticking her phone down in her purse. "Yes, and don't worry, I told him that I was down at one of my friends shops, and I should be home in a hour tops.....if she's awake by then."

I slightly smiled. "You don't have to stay until she wakes, I know how daddy can get when someone's away too long."

She chuckled. "He's a big boy, he'll be fine, if she's not up in a hour, I'll just call him back with another excuse, it's fine."

"You sure?" She nodded.

"Yeah, don't worry about that, just put your focus on Stasia."

I looked back down at mama, grabbing her limp hand. "Do you think this whole fainting thing is a sign on her condition getting worse?"

"Possibly," Miranda started. "I never fainted when I went through what I went through, I still have nausea and dizzy spells sometimes, but that's normal once your treatment is over, I've never heard of this happening during."

I sighed.

"The doctor said it could be a reaction from her blood pressure meds she's taking now in conjuction with her condition, I don't know, but all of this is really too much."

Miranda nodded, agreeing with me. "Yeah it can be a bit overwhelming at first, especially since this is your first time dealing with it hands on since she told you, Olivia was the same way at first."

I was silent.

"You'll get use to it, the more that you're around......what else did the doctor say? Has she even started treatment yet?"

"Supposingly she has, I guess Tony's been taking her, she hasn't been letting me come with her, I haven't even been to one of them with her yet."

"She probably doesn't want you to see her during that time, trust me it takes alot out of you, and if you're not prepared, it can be extremely shocking and overwhelming."

"More than this?" I asked, motioning to her unresponsive body.

"Way more."

I shook my head, sighing. "I feel so stupid,"

"Why?" Miranda asked with a frown. "Because, I have no clue about none of this, I should have done more research about it once I found out mama's diagnosis, I feel so stupid not even realizing that I never seen mama go to treatment, when obviously she had to be going."

"It's okay." She reached over, rubbing my knee.

"Don't beat yourself up about it, never in a million years did you think this was gunna be your reality, so of course you didn't spend time looking this up, this was a total shock to you, just like it was to Stasia."

I sighed, knowing she was right, but I still felt bad. "I know...but still."

"Im serious Amara, don't beat yourself up about it, you still have time to do as much research as you need now, so you can make sure you know everything about what's going on with her."