The Date

~A/N ~ I do not own this song~

~The Next Day~

Neal was sitting in his high chair eating cheerios while I made breakfast, which was breakfast quesadillas with egg, cheese, and bacon.

"I'm not a stranger to the dark. Hide away, they say 'Cause we don't want your broken parts

I've learned to be ashamed of all my scars. Run away, they say, no one will love you as you are. But I won't let them break me down to dust, I know that there's a place for us, For we are glorious" I sang as my phone played music. The song is called This Is Me, I wrote it a few months ago. "When the sharpest words wanna cut me down, I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out, I am brave, I am bruised, I am who I'm meant to be, this is me. Look out 'cause here I come and I'm marching on to the beat I drum. I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies, this is me"

"What are you singing?"

I jumped and turned to Snow and Charming's room, where Snow was. "Oh, uh. Just a song..."

"Who's it by?" She went over to Neal

I looked down at the quesadillas. "Me..."

Snow stopped playing with Neal and looked up at me. "You wrote that?"

I nodded. I don't normally write songs, but that one helped me with my feelings since I'm not one to talk about them. "That's not important though, want breakfast?" I held out a plate of breakfast quesadillas.

"Can you sing the rest of it?" She asked, taking the plate.

I sighed and played the music again, as I sang the rest of the song, I went over and gave Neal some quesadillas. When I was done singing I went to wake up Charming.

"That was amazing Ness!"

I smiled slightly and went back to eating. After breakfast, I went to Granny's to hang out with Ruby.

"So, when's your date with Will?" Ruby asked.

"Tonight, he's picking me up at 6"

Ruby took a sip of her iced coffee. "That's early, any idea what you guys are doing?"

"No" I shook my head. "Though I do know it won't be anything cliche, cheesy or cringy since I told him not to do anything like that. Like something you'd see in a romance movie, well I hope it won't be something you'd see in a romance movie, but almost everything is in one."

"Why don't you want to do anything romantic? Isn't that the point of dates? Romance"

I shrugged. I hate anything romantic, well hate is a strong word but I don't like it. Like candlelight dinners, fairs, picking her up at her place with a bouquet of flowers, and things like that aren't my thing. "I just don't like that kind of stuff"

"Can I help you get ready?" Ruby bounced on the balls of her feet.

"Ruby..." I groaned. I love her to death but she'd probably dress me in a really extra and fancy dress and heels.

Ruby stuck out her bottom lip. "Pleeease Ven! I wanna help my bestie get ready for her first-ever date!"

"Fine, but nothing too fancy"

She nodded and squealed excitedly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What about this one Ven?" Ruby held up a light blue dress with white polka dots that she bought earlier.

"I'd look like a housewife from the fifties"