Chapter 2 - Unsteady Friendship

Ink's POV

  I stared at the lawyer with a confused look as that name was not familiar to me. I don't know why my parents would send me to live with him.

Me: Who is Error Queen?

  Suddenly, a deep voice filled the quiet room.

???: That would be me.

  Looking to my right, I noticed that the person who spoke was the black boned skeleton. My expression fell when I realized that I would be living with him. I looked at the lawyer.

Me: I have to live with him?

  The lawyer was fixing to speak when Error interrupted.

Error: Look kid, I'm not exactly happy about it either.

Lawyer: Let's not get into a fight. Yes Ink, you're going to live with him. It's what your parents wanted.

  I moved my eyesight down as I grabbed my brown scarf. I tried to remember if I have ever met Error when I was younger but I couldn't.

'It's fine, Ink. You may not like your new guardian but it's set in stone.'

(Time Skip)

  I gathered all of my sketchbooks and stacked them into a box. A few hours ago, I was released from the hospital and now, I was packing all my stuff in my old bedroom. Error was outside with his expensive car. He must have a well paying job.

  I looked around my room. All of the memories about my parents came back to me. An inky black tear rolled down my cheek. My hand went up and wiped it away.

  My bedroom was empty apart from the bed and desk. I only had six boxes, each filled with my clothes, art supplies, and other items.

  Releasing a sigh, I picked up one of the heavy boxes and began to walk down the stairs. When I exited the house, I saw my guardian pacing back and forth. He seemed to be on an important phone call.

Error: Look Damien, I can't be there tomorrow morning. Why? There's this teenager that's moving in with me. The company will be fine without me for a few days.

  He said goodbye before hanging up. He angrily groaned as he leaned against his car. Error noticed me, which seemed to calm him down. However, his expression stayed as the same cold look.

Error: Are you done, Ink?

  I nodded as I set the box on the concrete.

Me: Yeah, I have six boxes.

Error: That's it?

Me: I don't have much.

  He shrugged before helping me with putting the boxes in his car. Once we were done, we climbed into the front seats. I stared longingly at my old house as it moved further away.

  There was an awkward silence between Error and I. I decided to break it.

Me: So... uh... how old are you?

Error: Twenty-seven.

Me: What do you do for a living?

Error: I own a design company.

  He was keeping his answers to a minimum.

Me: Are you single or not?

Error: Are you done, kid?

  He didn't even look at me but I could that tell that the look in his eyes was cold. I felt embarrassed and rainbow blush began to cover my ink stained cheeks. I hid in my brown scarf to feel safer.

(Time Skip)

  We had finished putting all the boxes into the house. I looked at my new home. It was so much more expensive than my old home.

  Error took his suit jacket off and rested it on the armrest of the couch. He turned to me.

Error: Here are some rules, Ink. One, I am busy throughout the entire day so you're going to have to fend for yourself. Two, if I'm working here, don't bother me. And three, there is a curfew. You should be home by the time I get home, which is nine pm.

  I was shocked.

Me: First day and you're already giving me rules?

Error: Look Ink, I'm not exactly the parent type. I'm too busy be able to take care of you properly. I'm completely fine with not getting along but let's just not fight about this certain topic.

  I huffed but ultimately agreed with him. A soft meow got my attention. Looking around, I found a small grey cat.

Error: Also this is Mello, she is a tabby.

  He pointed at the animal before walking off to an unknown location. I kneeled to let Mello sniff me. She sniffed before leaning into my hand.

Me: At least you like me.

  I whispered to her.

  Standing up, I walked down the hallway to find my room. Error didn't tell me where it was so I was going to have to search for it. Luckily for me, I found a sign on a door with my name on it.

'Ink.'

  Opening the door, I saw my new bedroom. It was surprising very big. My stuff could never fill the empty space.

Me: Well, I guess...

This my home now