Chapter 48 - Boundaries

Ink's POV

We pulled up in front of the house, wearing our new summer clothing. Memories came back to me. When I first started living with Error. My first party that I went to, I got tipsy, and then I returned home and was yelled at by him.

I sighed under my breath as the both of us walked up the steps to the entrance. I could hear music playing from inside, cheering, and laughing.

The music had gotten louder when we walked into the house. The environment was dark with the only light coming from LED rainbow lights that flashed in patterns. Tisha stayed by my side so she could keep me away from any drinks that might be alcoholic.

We found a spot within the large living room that was open and began to dance to the blaring music. I enjoyed my time and actually felt like coming to this party was a good idea. Of course there was alcoholic drinks there but I managed to keep myself away from them.

However at some point, Tisha had to leave me to go the bathroom because her period had suddenly started. As she was gone, I felt alone so I decided to hide away in the one of the hallways of the house until she came back from the bathroom.

As I waited, a group of people came up to me. They held out a cup to me. By the smell, I could tell it was not legal.

???: Want some?

Me: Uh no thanks. I don't touch that kind of stuff.

???: Come on. It will relax you.

Me: I really don't want t-

???: Don't be such a loser about it.

I stood still for a second, feeling super awkward and somewhat scared about the people in front of me. I didn't want to cause a scene or any possible trouble so I reached out and grabbed a cup. I thought that just grabbing it would make them go away but they never left. They stayed until I drank the entire cup so they knew that I wouldn't throw it away.

It seemed that they weren't satisfied enough as they brought my another cup. I hoped that Tisha would finish quicker.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Error's POV

I stared at the large paper on the island. I had been working on this sketch all day and I couldn't seem to be happy with it. I would take my pencil and erase an entire part and then redraw it. The paper was covered with the markings of the past versions of the house.

I took off my glasses and pinched my nose bridge from frustration.

'Why can't I seem to get this one right? I've worked on hundreds of houses but this is proving to be a bitch.'

My thoughts were broken by the sudden sound of the front door opening. I looked up from the paper and towards the entrance of the house.

I saw Ink walk in but I instantly noticed that something was wrong. He didn't carry himself like he normally did.

I approached him and softly spoke.

Me: Hey Ink. How was your day with Tisha?

Ink: It was great. We bought clothes, went to a party, had an awesome time.

He said as he looked at me. By how he looked, I knew what was wrong. Ink's face was covered with rainbow blush and his eyes seemed to be glazed over.

Me: Inky. Are you drunk?

I asked calmly. He nodded as he leaned against the wall to stable himself. I sighed and led him to a seat at the island. Since Ink was home I needed to get dinner started.

As I cooked, I thought about Ink being drunk. I knew that he wouldn't make that choice willingly. He must have been peer pressured into it. Ink doesn't seem to go to social places like that so he must not be experienced with keeping himself safe when he is there.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I saw Ink standing next to me. He was looking up at me when he suddenly grabbed me by the tie and pulled me into a kiss. I was shocked but I soon relaxed into it. Something about kissing Ink sparked a flame in my soul.

As the kiss progressed, I felt Ink slip his tongue into my mouth. That gesture snapped me back into reality. I grabbed him by the shoulders and pushed him away. He gave me a sad expression but I kept myself composed.

Ink: Why did you stop the kiss?

Me: Because I feel uncomfortable kissing you while you are drunk, Ink. I allow you to have your own boundaries in this relationship, that also means that I have my own. This is one of them. When we kiss, I want do it knowing that you wanted to do it.

He smiled.

Ink: You know, Error. Drunk actions are sober thoughts.

Me: I hate that phrase.

I guided him to the chair again at the island. I continued cooking but I still listened in case Ink needed anything.

Ink: Are you mad at me?

Me: No, just disappointed. I used to do the same stuff when I was younger than you.

'I should have taught him public safety when he was a kid.'

Silence fell within the kitchen. It was becoming really awkward so I tried to think of something that would keep drunk Ink entertained since he seemed to be the more energetic type.

Me: Where did you learn to kiss like that?

I facepalmed myself when that question came out. Out of all the questions, I had to ask how was Ink able to french kiss me like that.

Ink: Simple. I practiced with Tisha when we were in our earlier years of high school.

He said, his words somewhat melding into one long word. I had to admit that I wasn't surprised.

Once I got dinner finished, I watched him carefully as he ate and made sure that he was still a functional person after drinking.

After that I had Ink go to his own bedroom for the night because I didn't want to feel like I was taking advantage of him even though I wasn't.

I sat at my desk and read a book with a glass of wine. I needed to get my thoughts straight after the kiss that we shared. It made me feel something that I shouldn't be feeling yet. It should only be for when he is...

Much older