Chapter 41 - Adorable Side

Ink's POV

  I waved goodbye to Tisha before unlocking the door and walking in. I placed my backpack next to the couch and looked around. The house was empty but I saw Error's car, which meant he was somewhere.

  Walking around, I checked every room and eventually reached the bedrooms. I knew he wasn't in mine so the only room left was his.

Me: Error?

  I asked, opening the door, seeing Mello sprawled out on the bed. I smiled at her and rubbed my hand against her ear. I heard a soft voice from the bathroom.

  Peeking inside, I saw Error sitting on the floor across from the toilet. He was wearing a knitted sweater that looked very warm and he was wearing sweatpants. It was clear that something was wrong as he would never be caught wearing sweatpants, he was too vain for that.

Me: Are you okay?

Error: Not really. An employee came to work sick and she told no one about it. So it spread to a lot of people including me. I'm sick with a stupid soul virus.

Me: Why are you sitting on the floor?

Error: Waiting. I have been throwing up all day.

He responded, leaning his head against the wall and closing his eyes. I walked into the bedroom and joined in him on the floor. He whined, turning his head away from me.

Error: No, I don't want to get you sick.

Me: You said it was a soul virus, right?

He nodded, stilling not showing his face.

Me: Then I will be okay. Remember I was born without one. So I am immune.

  Feeling that he needed to be alone, I stood up and left the bathroom.

Mello followed me as I headed to the living room. I grabbed my backpack and went to the couch to begin my homework. Slipping my laptop out and opening it, I worked on an essay for my social studies class.

Typing was the only sound that filled the room along with the television that was playing a video that I enjoyed listening to when I needed to focus with background noise.

I suddenly heard footsteps which caused me to look away from the computer screen. Error was rubbing his arms as he entered the kitchen. He searched through the pantry and the fridge but eventually sighed.

Error: Inky.

I hummed to let him know that he had my attention.

Error: How about getting takeout? I do not want to cook dinner.

Me: That's fine.

After one hour, we had ordered and eaten dinner. We decided soup as it would help with Error's sickness. Empty bowls sat on the coffee table, the remains of our food.

Now, he was bundled under a blanket and was leaning against the opposite armrest of the couch. While he rested, I read a book to study for the upcoming finals.

I was excited to graduate high school but it also made me sad. I knew that I would eventually have to grow up and become an adult that had to pay taxes and get a full time job. I had no idea where to start but I wanted a job that involved art.

  I had thought about asking Error for an intership as I was interested in interior design, however I would have to put more thought into it when I was finished with my studies.

  As I read, I felt movement on the couch before weight on my leg. Error had shifted to lay on me. I noticed that he didn't look comfortable while he slept, his face being warm and blushing from the fever. His breathing wasn't the best either.

  I placed my hand on his head and began to lightly pet him. He moved slightly and hummed but stayed asleep. I smiled before continuing to read.

I studied for an undetermined amount of time before beginning to feel tired. I stretched, letting out a yawn. Gently, I slipped out from under Error and made sure not to wake him. He needed the rest.

I pulled the blanket over his body to keep him warm and comfortable. I smiled before heading to my bedroom for the night.

(Time Skip)

  With a few yawns, I slipped out of my bed. A part of me was wishing that I could sleep for a little longer but I knew that I had to wake up for school. I quickly changed my clothes and gathered everything for my backpack.

  I entered the living room, backpack on my shoulder, and thought about what I wanted to eat for breakfast. However I stopped when I saw the cutest thing in my life.

  Error was playing with Mello on the floor, wrestling with her and pretending to eat her like a monster would. The cat wiggled her butt just before pouncing on him. He laughed as he "battled" with the feline. Picking her up, Error held her in the air before holding her against his chest.

Error: Who is the most precious kitty in the world? You are. Everyone shall kneel before your magnifi-

  He stopped talking to Mello when he noticed me standing in the hallway, recording him. His face was soon covered in blush from embarrassment. After carefully dropping the cat, he hid his face in his hands.

Error: Please don't show anyone that.

  Error whined in his hands.

Me: Wow, wearing sweatpants and playing on the floor. I'm seeing a whole new side of you.

  I said while smiling. Putting my phone away, I walked to him and joined him on the floor. Error kept his face hidden as he was still embarrassed. I leaned against his shoulder. I wanted to kiss his cheek but I would be awkward doing it.

  Error eventually looked at me once he was no longer majorly blushing. He kept his hands in his lap but I somewhat wanted him to hold me.

  I checked the time and realized that it was time to leave. We didn't waste anymore to get the car and drive to school. I texted Tisha the same conversation that we have most mornings to pass the time. Error was silent the entire time but he occasionally glanced at me.

  When the car pulled in front of the school. I opened the door but Error stopped me. I gave him a curious expression.

Error: Can I... can I kiss you?

  Rainbow blush appeared on my face and I nodded. I leaned in and he kissed me on the lips. There was this jolt of excitement that I felt when we showed affection to one another.

  It wasn't very often that Error showed his romantic side but he asked me for permission when he wanted to. I cherished those moments because they were rare.

  I waved to him and left to spend the day bored at school. As I walked into the building, I touched my lips...

And smiled