Chapter 29 - Hungover

Error's POV

  I opened my eyes however, my vision wasn't close to clear. Massive pain could be felt in my head and my body was hurting immensely.

  After I pushed myself up into a sitting position, I rubbed my face with my hands and let out a long exhale. I was torn between regretting getting drunk and not. Despite the guaranteed result of a painful hangover, the temporary feeling of not being sober felt amazing.

  A soft texture against my hands brought me out of my thoughts. Without having to do anything, I knew that was Mello's plush grey fur. I rubbed the sides of her head as she touched her button nose with my lips. I gently kissed her on the head and continued to give her attention through pets.

Me: I'm so happy Ink isn't here to see this side of me. So unprofessional.

  I laughed quietly as I spoke to my little princess. I picked Mello up and held her close to my chest as I got out of bed. My cat purred quietly.

  When I walked into my living room, I saw Damien sitting on the couch and talking with his wife. He saw me and hung up the call with her. I walked into the kitchen with him following.

Damien: That cat is spoiled because of you.

Me: Shut the fuck up. You're just jealous.

Damien: I'm not jealous. You're jealous.

  He said childishly. I continued to hold Mello as I leaned against the counter.

Me: So why are you in my house?

Damien: You let me in.

  He answered while picking up the empty bottles on the coffee table.

Damien: You called me at four in the fucking morning, drunk off your ass whining about how you can't confess your love to Ink. Then you proceeded to cry like a bitch and drink even more. And of course I care about you way too much so I came here to make sure you didn't do anything stupid.

  I smiled but on the inside, I felt guilty about waking Damien up the same night he and his wife was able to get rest. They had a litter of young pups that were quite energetic most of the time so having free time wasn't always an option.

  Once my secretary cleaned the mess, he said goodbye to me before leaving to go home. I hoped he still had some time to get sleep before work.

  Mello had fallen asleep in my arms but I had to get my phone so I could check on Ink. Luckily, this was normal for me so I had created a way to hold her with one arm while doing something else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ink's POV

  I walked with Tisha along the beach line. I wore nothing but undergarments and a pair of shorts. It was hot and everyone was out to play in the water.

  Tisha wore a red bikini, a pair of sunglasses, and a big brimmed hat to protect her from the sun. Her parents and sibling trailed not far behind. Her mother held a bag that contained plenty of lotion and sunscreen for them to use just in case they decided to leave the shade protection of the umbrella.

  My friend and I talked until I felt my phone begin to vibrate in my back pocket. Taking it out, I saw that it was Error.

  I quickly answered once walking away to a quieter area.

Me: Good morning.

Error: Morning Ink.

  I immediately noticed that he seemed really tired.

'Did he not have a good rest?'

Me: Are you okay?

Error: Yeah. I'm fine. I just have a small headache. Well, I wanted to check on you to make sure you were doing okay.

Me: I'm doing great. But I wish you were here. I miss you.

Error: I miss you too.

  There was a small moment of awkward silence after that. I blushed which I was happy he didn't see.

Me: Anyway. I can't wait to see you again. Bye.

Error: Bye.

  I knew that I ended the call early but I didn't want to make the conversation many more awkward than it already was.

  I thought about this small vacation. I had enjoyed every second of it but a part of me wished that...

Error was here with me