Chapter 45 - Damien's Worries

Error's POV

I woke up in my room and stared at the ceiling above me. There was something I instantly noticed, I no longer felt sick. There was a sense of relief that I felt as I could finally go back to work. There was no telling how much stuff that I had to take care of when I got back.

Getting up, I went to my bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face off. Once that task was finished I moved to my closet. All of my suits had remained perfectly lined and in colored order, just how I left it. I slipped a suit on and tied on a necktie.

If I was being honest, it felt great to be back in a suit and out of sweaters. I smiled to myself and walked out.

I saw Ink laying on his side and looking at me with a tired expression.

Ink: You're leaving?

He asked through a yawn.

Me: Yes. I feel good enough to continue working.

Ink hummed as he laid his head back on the pillow. I said goodbye to Ink and Mello before leaving the bedroom to finish my morning routine and leave for the company.

(Time Skip)

I sat down in my office chair, releasing a comforted breath. Rubbing the dust off my desk, I turned on the computer and drawing pad that sat in front of me. I wasted no time to begin the work that had piled up since I was gone.

The room was quiet as I focused solely on the device in front of me. Emails needed to be answered, concepts needed to be drawn, and documents needed to be organized and sent. The only sounds were typing and my pencil against the drawing pad.

A sudden knocking broke the silence of my office.

Me: Yes?

I asked out without looking away from the screen. The door opened and I soon heard the voice of a familiar werewolf.

Damien: Hey Error. Did you hear about the guy from Florida that got his dick bit off by an alligator?

This is what caused me to look away from the computer screen and directly at Damien.

Me: Who starts a conversation like that with their boss?

Damien: Me.

  I rolled my eyes before going back to drawing an interior design concept.

Damien: Anyway, I have received word that the new building in the city is done with construction. They are now just waiting for us to move in.

Me: That's good. The only thing is that the company now has more bills to pay.

Damien: Actually, it wouldn't make much of a difference. I got records from our accountants that the profits have increased so the bills wouldn't be damaging.

  I hummed, still focused on my drawing.

Damien: Also I have scheduled a meeting for future plans for marketing and how you want the building to look like and how it is used.

Me: When is i?

Damien: It's on Sunday.

Me: Alright, just give me the time and I'll put together a presentation.

  He nodded, writing something on his clipboard.

Damien: I'm going to head to the cafe to get drinks for everyone. Do you want anything?

Me: A latte please.

  The werewolf gave me a thumbs up and left my office. I smiled at the fact that Damien was my best friend. He may have been unfiltered and bold but he was a great friend and worker. I'm glad I met him in college.

(Time Skip)

As I ate my lunch, I researched different types of cars that were suitable for a new driver. The most important factors were handling and safety features. The budget was not a concern but I wasn't exactly going to give Ink a sports car. I wanted him to be safe, not show off.

Damien: Thinking of buying a fourth car to add to your collection?

He asked which caused me to turn around in my seat. He pulled out the chair next to me and sat down.

Me: Not exactly.

Damien: It's for Jailbait?

Me: Yeah. The time to get him a car is why overdue.

The wolf nodded in response. He looked out the window and then looked down at the table.

Damien: Hey Error. Can I tell you something?

I put down my phone so I could focus on what he wanted to say.

Me: What is it?

Damien: I think... I think... my marriage is falling apart.

Me: Why do you say that?

Damien: Bella and I have been getting into a lot of arguments lately. She wants more kids but I don't want any more, I'm perfectly happy with the life we have now.

  He sighed.

Damien: Our litter is already expensive enough that if we were to have another, the expenses would double. Don't get me wrong, you have given me the perfect job and I can pay for the all the bills and we still have a lot of money left over. But... Now she's blaming me for not loving our children and that I don't spend enough time with them.

  I knew that was complete bullshit. Damien's kids were his whole world, and so was Belladonna. The reason why he worked so hard was so he could provide for his family since Bella was a stay-at-home mom for their seven pups. The economy system wasn't supportive enough for werewolf families so I tried to pay him as much as I could.

Damien: Error, I'm scared that she might...

Take the kids away from me