Chapter 27 - Long Time No See

Error's POV

  I sat on the couch with Ink resting his head on my lap, my hand gently petting him.

  It was early in the morning as his friend was going to pick him up so they could get to the airport as soon as possible. I volunteered to stay up and let Ink get more sleep.

  Mello played with one of her toys but occasionally stopped to receive affection from me. I was glad that I wasn't the only one awake at a time like this.

  Suddenly there was a knock on the front door which caused me to stop petting Ink and Mello. I carefully got up and moved to the door.

  When I opened it, I was greeted with a dark skinned human. She had pajamas on and her hair was parted into many braids.

Me: You're Ink's friend? It's Tisha, right?

I asked tiredly. I wasn't expecting my voice to be raspy and deeper than normal but I couldn't do anything about it.

She nodded.

Tisha: We have to get going. My dad doesn't want to be late. Even though our plane leaves in three hours.

She spoke with slight laughter. I nodded before leaving the front door and walking over to the couch.

Ink was peacefully sleeping which made me feel guilty about having to wake him up. I lightly nudged his shoulder and gently whispered.

Me: It's time to get up, Inky.

I heard him groan but he reluctantly pushed himself up.

In the short span of a few minutes. Ink and his stuff had joined Tisha in the car with her family. We were saying our goodbyes to each other.

'Do it Error. Tell Ink you love him.'

I smiled.

Me: Have fun. Stay safe.

Ink waved at me as his window rolled up. The car began to pull out of my driveway and into the road. My smile fell as soon as I could no longer see them.

A sigh slipped through my lips as I walked back into my house.

Me: Fucking idiot.

I growled under my breath, insulting myself. I was angry that I was too scared to say "I love you".

(Time Skip)

I was leaned back in my office chair while staring at the ceiling. There was nothing to do at the moment so I was incredibly bored and angry at the same time.

There was a knock but I wasn't given a chance to grant permission as the door immediately opened right after. It was Damien.

Damien: I have cof- wow, you look like you had a shit morning.

Me: I feel like I did.

Damien: Do you... want to talk about it?

He said in an almost cautious tone of voice, placing a cup of coffee on my desk.

Me: Not at this current moment. I have to see my mother in a few hours so I don't want be anymore irritated than I already am. If I was, I might kill someone out of sheer rage.

I joked but also sighed annoyingly at the same time. The wolf nodded and began texting clients. Sometimes, he overworked which left me with spare time.

  My hand picked up my phone to check for notifications, hoping that Ink would have sent me something. Sadly there was nothing.

(Time Skip)

  I parked my car in front of an old home. It needed serious repairing after the many years of existing. The paint was faded and beginning to peel. The wood was splitting from weathering, it's splinters falling to the ground.

  My hands gripped the steering wheel as memories of my childhood came back to me. I took a deep breath to calm myself down before leaving my car.

  I stood at the front door but hesitated to knock. A part of me didn't want to go through the trouble of having to deal with my mother just to get a few vital documents. That's how much I hated her.

'Do you really want to do this?'

The voice in the back of my mind whispered. I shook my head in defeat, gently knocking on the door. There was a long moment of silence before I heard the locks from the other side.

When the door opened, I saw my mother. She was a bit older, having wrinkles and some grey hairs, but she was still attractive for the standards of man whores. However, she would appeal more towards silver foxes instead of young men.

Mom: Well now, if it isn't my son.

Me: Hello mother. It's been a long time...

I still hate you