Chapter 22 - Highlight

Error's POV (Age: 17)

I stared at the ceiling while suffering from a massive headache. I couldn't sleep all night because of my mom. The flat mat that served as my bed didn't help in the slightest.

  My mother brought a guy over from the night before and started having sex with him. Even at three in the morning, they were still doing it. I was disgusted by the sounds of her moans and the creaking of the bed.

  I pushed myself up from my bed and banged on the wall with my fist. This caused the lewd noises to stop all of a sudden.

Me: Can you two shut the fuck up? I have school in four hours. I don't want to have the sounds of sex still in my head as I attend my classes.

  I released an angered sigh before heading to the kitchen. I wanted to be further away from my mom's bedroom.

  My hands rummaged through a cabinet, trying to find the pain killers for my headache. However I shouldn't even bother, mom would come out soon. She yells at me simply for existing.

'I can't wait to move out.'

  I thought to myself as I slipped two pills into my mouth, secretly wishing that it would help with the nauseating pain in my head.

  While I waited for time to pass, I read a book about the history of Japanese culture. The sound of a door slamming pulled my attention from the pages. It was my mother. I scoffed and began reading again.

Mom: What the fuck was that? Haven't I told you to mind your own damn business?

Me: How can I mind my own business when I can hear your dirty ass mouth from the other side of the wall. I can practically tell that this week's man whore has a bigger dick because you're louder. You must be rich since you bring home a lot of men. Do they pay well?

  I said with no emotion, keeping my eyes on the book. The book disappeared from my hands as I abruptly felt pain on my cheek. My hand went up to my face as I glared at my mother. My mind finally processed that the bitch called mom used the book to slap me.

  My mother's face was red and her eyes shot daggers at me. She growled, slamming the book on the island counter. I grimaced from the stinging but stood up straight.

Me: Why are you so pissed off? Did he not hit the right spot?

Mom: No but I didn't need you to interrupt us.

Me: Maybe I wouldn't if you stopped letting people fuck you. It's like dad but with consent.

  Her eyes slightly widened when I mentioned the man that raped her. The red that covered her face became darker.

Mom: Don't speak of that man. I never even wanted you.

Me: No shit.

  I responded as I took my book and stuffed it into my backpack. My mind told me to just leave the house as to not make things worse.

(Time Skip)

  My excitement increased as I walked down the sidewalk towards Ink's home.

The building slowly came into viewing distance. My hands pulled my jacket sleeves down, hiding the bandages that were wrapped around my arms and hands. I lost my anger at school which caused me to get into a fight with another student.

  Ink stared out the window with a bored expression. His rainbow eyes lit up when he spotted me. I couldn't hold back the wide smile that spread across my face while I waved at him.

  The small boy vanished from the window but reappeared after opening the front door. I kneeled down as he quickly ran to me. I picked Ink up, feeling his arms wrapping around me tightly.

Ink: I missed you.

Me: It has only been a day, Inky.

  I laughed while walking into the house. Ink's parents were getting ready to leave the house, both wearing formal clothing. They had told me that they were attending a meeting that could last for most of the evening. Ink's mom turned to me.

Mom: Thank you for coming, Error. I hate to ask this of you but can you go grocery shopping for us? We left money on the kitchen counter.

Me: I'll be happy too. Also, you don't have to thank me. Taking care of Ink is...

The highlight of my day