Chapter 44 - Shopping Problems

Error's POV (Age: 17)

  I tied my shoelaces and thought about what I had to get at the store. Ink drew at the coffee table as he waited for me to finish getting ready.

  Once I had my shoes on, I picked up my backpack and looked at Ink.

Me: You ready?

Ink: Yeah!

  He hopped up, ran to my side, and motioned for me to pick him up. I held him as I locked the front door and left for the store down the street.

  We arrived there after ten minutes of walking, luckily the store was not busy. Our first stop was the grocery area since Ink's parents wanted me to pick up food and cook dinner since they were being held at a late business meeting.

  I watched Ink carefully as I worked to check things off the list. He was looking at different objects that were on the selves which was good since it was keeping him busy while I shopped.

  Once I had gotten all of the items that his parents wanted me to get, I decided that I wanted to get myself something as I would need it for my studies. I called Ink as I moved towards the crafts section of the store. I needed to get a sketchbook as I was beginning to learn how to draw geometric shapes for architecture.

  As we walked, I took a glance behind me and saw that woman I noticed about thirty minutes ago. That woman had been following Ink and I around ever since the beginning and I knew why. She most likely thought I had kidnapped Ink since he looked nothing like me. She was probably waiting for the perfect moment to take Ink in order to "save" him from me.

  I looked through the different sketchbooks as Ink looked at the many different types of crayons boxes. However I suddenly heard Ink scream which caused me to look around frantically. I saw that the woman had grabbed Ink by the arm and was taking him away.

Me: Excuse me. What are you doing?

  I asked angrily.

Woman: Returning him to his parents and calling the police on you.

Me: Ma'am he is supposed to be with me.

Woman: That's an obvious lie. Look at him and then look at yourself.

  My hands clenched but I held in my frustration.

Me: I am his caretaker. I can call his parents right now and they can tell you that he is supposed to be with me.

  It seemed she wasn't going to listen to me so I had to further prove my point.

(Time Skip)

  I sighed angrily as I sketched on the couch. Ink and I had been at the store for an hour because that damn woman was determined to call the police on me. Unfortunately I had to FaceTime Ink's parents so she could talk to them about their son potentially being kidnapped. It took them ten minutes to convince her to let Ink go.

  Because of my thoughts, I hadn't realized that I was almost done with my sketch. Around the last half of my senior year of high school, I decided that I no longer wanted to do music and that I enjoyed creating and designing homes.

  The kid was drawing with his new crayons next in a his own sketchbook. Eventually he got bored and leaned on my leg to look at my drawing.

Ink: What are you drawing?

Me: A house.

  I responded, presenting the sketchbook to Ink.

Ink: Wow. I want to draw one!

  He said as he quickly grabbed his book and flipped to a new page. I watched him as he created his own house with the crayons that he had. He happily showed the house to me once he was done. I was actually surprised by Ink's drawing skills. It was amazing, especially with drawing tools made of wax.

Me: That's really good, Inky.

Ink: Thanks.

  I smiled warmly before returning to my own sketch. I seemed to have always had fun designing houses and thinking how it would look inside. I think it was decided, interior design is...

My new career path