Chapter 50 - Company Building

This is a longer chapter.

Ink's POV

I sat in the bed, scrolling through social media on my phone. Error stood in front of the mirror in his closet and fastened his neck tie. He was getting ready for work and today was particularly special as I would be having my interview today.

Error had promised that he would see about getting me an internship at his company for interior design and architecture. He was able to find a spot that was open and luckily it was directly under Damien. I thought that the werewolf was quite enjoyable to be around. Though he may call me Jailbait, he was still a very nice person.

My boyfriend walked out of the closet once he was done putting on his suit jacket.

Error: Are you ready for today?

Me: Yeah. I got my resume printed out and Tisha said that she will be able to drop me off there.

Error: Good. One more thing. Since this is my company, I will be treating this interview as if I don't know you. I need to uphold the professional standards as well as the quality of the labor provided.

I nodded as a way to say that I understood however, my anxiety suddenly increased by a lot knowing what Error just stated.

Error: Do you remember when the interview is?

Me: At 10:30 am.

He nodded with a smile before spraying cologne and clipping on an expensive watch.

I pushed myself up from the bed, walking with him into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. The little time that we had together in the morning was always pleasant. We would have breakfast and coffee together before Error would leave for work.

Error: I think I might do black coffee today.

Me: Just how I like my men.

Error froze, stopping his current task. He glanced at me with an unamused look but I could see blush on his cheeks.

Error: Did you really just say that?

I nodded proudly of my joke. He sighed while taking a sip of his freshly brewed coffee. He found his spot next to me and began scrolling through his morning notifications.

Error: So, how is college hunting?

Me: I have... kinda been procrastinating about that.

I said awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck shyly. Error looked up from his phone and gave a concerned look.

Error: The due date for applications is almost approaching. You're going to miss it.

Me: Yeah, I know but I'm afraid that they might reject me. My grades weren't the greatest and I have a history with history class that I'm not proud to talk about. Especially to you since you practically know everything about history.

I said, looking at the marbled counter shamefully. Suddenly I felt the gentle touch of a hand on my shoulder. I looked back to see Error smiling reassuringly.

Error: Don't think like that, Inky. I know that whatever university you apply for will accept you. I'm certain that they will see what I see in you. You are someone that has grown tremendously ever since the first day that I took you in. Schools like that within a person since they think that builds character and shows that you are willing to learn.

I thanked him but something deep down still had that fear of not succeeding in finding a school to attend. I wanted to make Error proud of me and even my parents, if they were watching me from the afterlife.