Chapter 37 - Wine and Snacks

Error's POV

I walked into my living room and threw my keys into a small bowl on the side table nearby. I wiped the tears from my cheeks before loosening the tie around my neck. It almost felt like the piece of cloth was beginning to choke me.

Mello appeared at the end of the hallway, greeting me by quietly meowing. I picked her up and held her tightly against my chest. I immediately felt relaxed when she licked my cheek.

Moving towards the couch, I sat down and leaned back into the soft cushions. My cat rested her head on my shoulder which allowed me to feel the vibration from her neck as she purred softly. I kissed her and closed my eyes to focus on calming myself down.

Damien was going to arrive any minute but it felt like time had stopped. I needed comforting desperately. No words in the monster or human language could describe how devastated I was when Ink walked out. The fact that I was also worried about him didn't help.

Suddenly, a knock on the front door could be heard. I stood up, Mello still in my arms, and went to greet the person on the other side.

I was greeted with Damien. He was carrying a bag in one hand and two bottles of wine in the other. He set everything down and gently took the cat from my arms, setting her gently on the floor as well. After that, he immediately pulled me into a hug.

Damien: I'm sorry, man.

When he apologized, all of my sadness came rushing back to me. More tears poured from my eyes. My wolf friend patted my back. I couldn't remember that last I cried like this.

Me: I am such a fucking freak! Why can't I be normal? I don't understand...

Damien: You're not a freak, Error. Come on, let's get out of the foyer so we can sit down.

I nodded and backed away from him. After picking up Mello, we walked into the living room and sat down. Damien pulled out several snacks that I liked. There was cheese, cookies, bread, and wine for obvious reasons.

Once he poured the alcoholic drink into a glass, he offered it to me. I thanked him for it and immediately took a sip from it.

  The sweet taste settled on my tongue. I decided that sipping it slow wasn't worth it, leading me to down the entire glass. I didn't hesitate to pour another.

Damien: Hey. It will be okay.

He said in a comforting tone. I placed my glass on the table before curling into a ball on the couch.

Me: I feel like I'm sixteen again. All of my confidence that I have built for myself is gone and I fucking hate myself for being who I am. A goddamn pedophile. Maybe I should be arrested.

I felt a light push on my arm. It was Damien hitting me.

Damien: Do not think like that. You are far from being a pedo. You have never touched a child inappropriately and you have never done anything illegal. You're just different than others.

I buried my face into my knees and sniffled a few times. I didn't want to talk, speaking words felt like a task at that minute. Mello seemed to sense that I wasn't feeling well, pawing at my leg in concern.

My hand rubbed her ear but I refused to show my face.

(Time Skip)

The living room was quiet with the only sound being the television. The two bottles of wine was completely emptied and the snacks were almost gone.

Damien and I were watching a soap opera. My friend sat on the opposite end of the couch while grooming his fur. I held Mello close to me and gently stroked her back to keep myself from breaking down into a crying fit.

I cuddled into her soft body, feeling myself become unstable for a second and have the sudden urge to cry. She looked up at me with her beautiful emerald eyes. Mello let out a tiny meow which brought a smile to my face for a small moment.

Often I would check my phone to see if Ink had texted me but sadly, nothing. Despite that it was most likely he was staying at his friend's house, I was fucking worried about him. I was scared that he might get hurt and I don't know what I would do if I lost him.

I thought to myself as I watched the TV show.

'What is Ink doing? Where is he? I hope he's okay as he hasn't texted me or anything. I understand why he walked out but nothing will stop me from loving him. I just hope that...

Ink will love me back