Chapter 51 - The Interview

Ink's POV

I sat down in one of the many seats and shifted my gaze between Error and Damien. These two were the top people in this entire building and their attention was entirely on me.

After Error had asked his first question, it slightly caught me off guard. I wasn't prepared for him to immediately start. For some reason words couldn't form in my mouth as I hastily tried to come up with an answer. The last time I was this nervous around Error was when I came home from that party the first night I lived with him.

Me: I want this job because I want to explore this career path. I have an interest in art and interior design is an unique medium to express one's self.

  From across the large table, I could see a smile form on Error's face. It was clear that he appreciated my answer. I noticed that Damien was writing on a notebook that was rested on the table which was most likely his notes and thoughts on me.

Error: And what do you think your strengths are that would be a good match for this internship?

Me: I think...

  I started, trying to think what I'm good at or what I value. I fidgeted with my hands nervously, they were starting to sweat a little. I was unsure what to do with them, lay them on my knees or keep them on the table.

Me: I am pretty good at drawing and I am very creative. I also value community within a work environment as well as respect among one another.

  There was more writing from Mr Moon-Strider. I had no idea if he was taking note of anything good about me.

Error: And just list out some of your weaknesses.

Me: I can sometimes forget to ask for help when I need it. And I don't know when something needs revision since it probably has so such more potential.

  Error nodded, leaning over to Damien and whispering something to him. That was when I became nervous again.

'What is he whispering about? I hope it isn't anything bad...'

  He leaned back, looking at me once more and relaxing in his chair.

Error: Finally, what amount of compensation do you think you're worth?

Me: For an internship, most likely a small starting paycheck.

  He nodded again just before standing up from his chair.

Error: Well, that wraps up this interview.

  Error said as he adjusted his suit jacket and tightened his tie. Damien got up which gave me the clue that I could stand up as well. I followed their actions of walking around the table to meet me at the middle. My boyfriend held his hand out to me, waiting for me to shake it. I took his hand in mine, making Error smile.

Error: Welcome to the team, Mr Comyet. You will start in three days. This should give you plenty of time to prepare. I will have Damien show you around the parts of the building that you will be working in.

  He suddenly pulled me into a hug.

Error: I'm so proud of you, Inky.

  It seemed that he had dropped his facade as he called me by my nickname.

Error: Alright, so he will show you around. There is a desk for you just outside of both of our offices which is where you will work when we are working from HQ but we will also travel to different sites to work on designs. I have to get back to working on papers and making phone calls. I will see you two later.

  He said as he rushed out of the conference room, his body being blurred by the frosted pane glass as he walked by. Damien and I looked at each other, unsure of what to say as we've rarely been in the same room without Error. To break the ice, the werewolf cracked a wide toothy grin.

Damien: Shall we, jailbait?

Me: Yup. However, can you resist calling me that while at work?

Damien: Of course, whatever I can do to help you feel comfortable.

  The both of us left the room and walked down the hallway. The wolf pointed out different rooms that they used throughout the day, the conference rooms, the break room, regular offices, and the drawing room which was where they brainstormed ideas.

  Eventually we arrived at a medium sized desk that was placed within an indent of the wall between Error's and Damien's offices. Presumably this was where the intern or assistant worked, where I now worked. The desk was well kept, the computer up to date, and the chair looked cozy to sit in. I was lucky to get a good desk on my first real job.

Damien: I'll give you a few minutes to settle in. I am going to go grab some portfolios that you can look through to get an idea of what our style is like.

  I nodded, leading to the large green werewolf to enter his office and leave me to my own devices. I sat in the chair and adjusted my suit jacket exactly how Error did it. I felt so professional in this setting.

  I looked around, seeing the several desks that were moved together so that people could work with each other and collaborate on ideas. People were laughing and talking with each other. They were very friendly as when they looked at me, they waved welcomingly and I waved back.

'I think...

I'll like it here