Chapter 25 - Movies Together - (Short)

Ink's POV

  I heard a small knock on my bedroom door which caused me to look up. Error was standing there, holding a tray in his hands. I smiled at him as he entered the room.

Error: Good morning, Inky.

  I yawned and mumbled a tired "morning" back to him. He pulled my desk chair to the side of my bed before handing me the tray.

I saw that there was food and a mug of hot chocolate. Error had a soft smile as a way to accept my praise while I took bites.

Error: How's your foot? Does it still hurt?

  I nodded. He had called the school to tell them that I wasn't in the state to attend physically so I have been able to stay home with Error and Mello.

Me: Yeah it does. I stepped on it earlier to get my sketchbook but it didn't really turn out great.

Error: You should've have called for me. I would have gotten it for you.

Me: I appreciate the offer but I should do it myself.

Error nodded and allowed me to continue. As I ate, I noticed that he was looking down at the floor with an expression of guilt plaguing his face.

Me: What's wrong?

My speaking seemed to snap him from his thoughts. Error sighed while rubbing his arm with the other.

Error: I feel like it's my fault for yesterday. If I didn't say anything distracting, you wouldn't have fallen on the ice.

Me: Error. It's not your fault. In fact, I'm glad as I now know the you've been there my entire life. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Error smiled from my comment. A light layer of blush colored his cheeks which in turn made me blush.

He stood up from his chair and began leaving the room. However, he stopped at the doorframe.

Error: Do you want to watch some horror movies with me later?

Me: I... get scared easily.

His eyes locked with mine as he spoke.

Error: You won't be alone. I promise.

  I smiled at him as he disappeared into the hall.

(Time Skip)

I sat down on the couch after having some trouble and watched Error cycle through movies that he owned.

Snacks and a bottle of wine were placed on the coffee table in front of me. Mello was curling on my legs and kneaded the blanket that covered them.

A part of me hoped that she wouldn't get frightened and accidentally claw me.

Once picking a film, Error joined me and leaned against the back rest with a glass of wine in his hand.

The movie started to play, allowing me the time to get comfortable. I leaned on Error's arm. He shifted his arm a little to get comfortable but didn't move enough to make me feel uncomfortable.

A hour had passed and the movie began to get really scary. Often I jumped and hid myself under the blanket or in Error's body. Thankfully Mello wasn't anything like me.

Error quietly chuckled, eventually lifting his arm and wrapping it around my torso. Being in his embrace had helped with calming me down during the rest of the movie.

My eyes suddenly felt heavy and my body was weak. It was most likely because I was stressed out for the whole horror film.

I rested my head on Error's lap and closed my eyes. He gently rubbed his thumb against my forehead. It didn't take long for me...

To fall asleep on him

A Quick Discussion

  If you were to ask me what my favorite work was, it definitely has to be Love Doesn't Age.

  Somehow this book has taken a special place in my heart and I adore it. I like how the romantic feelings are slowly growing and not as quick as some of my other books.

  This is chapter 25 and they still haven't kissed yet (that is coming soon) and I like it.

  I just wanted to express my absolute love for this book so thank you so much for reading.

Love ya