Chapter 16 - On the Road - (Short)

The music that was chosen is the background music that plays in the chapter. Think of it like an episode of a TV show. There is background music while the characters talk, do things, etc.

The only time I ever add music to a chapter is when a character is listening to music or there is background music playing on a radio.

Ink's POV

My eyes fluttered open as I began to wake up. When I looked around, I noticed that I was laying across the back seat of Error's car.

A warm blanket was draped over me and a soft pillow supported my head. My brown scarf was folded and was placed on a luggage.

Lo-fi music filled the atmosphere and the temperature in the car was a comfortable level. It was early in the morning, meaning it was still dark. It also seemed to be raining.

  Lit street lights quickly rushed by as the car moved on the highway. I had no knowledge of where we were.

I watched the water droplets hit the sunroof window. Combined with the music... the rain was calming which I wasn't used to. Rain always made it hard for me to sleep.

  The voice of Error broke me away from staring at the rain drops. I looked up at the rear view mirror, seeing his eyes occasionally look at me and then back at the road.

Error: Good morning, Ink.

Me: What time is it?

Error: Five in the morning.

  I slightly groaned as I rested my head back on the pillow.

Me: I don't remember getting in the car.

Error: You were heavily sleeping so I had to carry you.

  He said while laughing quietly. Slight blush appeared on my cheeks but it disappeared soon after.

  I buried myself in my warm blanket, closing me eyes to enjoy the music and rain. A yawn slipped through my lips, grabbing the attention of my guardian.

Error: You can go back to sleep. We won't be stopping to eat breakfast until two hours from now.

  I pushed myself up into a sitting position.

Me: What about you. Shouldn't I keep you company?

Error: You don't have to do that. Your presence is the only company that I need right now.

  I hid myself under my blanket. There was a comforting silence between us.

  I felt my eyes slowly become heavy before I went back to sleep.

(Time Skip)

Error and I talked with one another on the road. We were having a pleasant conversation which Error seemed to genuinely enjoy.

The scenery slowed changed from country side to city.

Error: We'll stop in this city for the night and continue on the road tomorrow morning.

I hummed as I watched the buildings move past us.

The car suddenly pulled into the parking lot of a hotel. Error turned off the vehicle once he found a spot.

[Stop playing the music]

We got out and began getting our luggages from the trunk. Error locked the car as we entered the hotel.

Error admired the interior design of the building. It would make sense as his company was centered around interior decoration.

I lightly nudged his shoulder.

Me: Hey. Don't get entranced.

Error: Sorry.

He slightly blushed before walking to the desk to get a room. I giggled as I thought to myself.

For being ten years older than me...

Error acted like my age