Chapter 46 - Last Day

Ink's POV

I put a comfy set of clothes on before leaving the bedroom. The many windows that lined the hallway let the morning light in. Even though I woke up at the same time as usual, it still felt way too early for school.

As I walked into the kitchen, I saw that it was empty. It seemed that Error had left for work early as he said that he still had a lot of work to take care of. He's been recovered for a few days now and I'm relived that he's feeling okay.

I made myself breakfast before I left for school. Today was extremely important so I had to make sure I had a lot energy to get through it. I made sure to get a good amount of sleep so I wouldn't be too tired.

When I turned to the island to eat my food, I saw a bag on the marble countertop. There was also a sticky note stuck to it. I read what was written on it.

"Here is your lunch. You got this, Inky! Good luck & Love you!"

I smiled and unzipped the bag to look inside. It was leftovers of Alfredo from last night and a few snacks and a water bottle.

Me: Thank you, Error.

I said quietly to myself and closed the bag so I could focus on finishing my breakfast.

(Time Skip)

Tisha and I left her car and walked towards the school. It seemed that my best friend had the same idea of being comfortable for the day. She was wearing a baggy sweater and sweat pants. Her black hair was tied into a protective style and out of the way.

I sighed, adjusting the backpack that hung on my shoulder.

Me: Today is the big day.

Tisha: Yes it is. It's just today and then the day of graduation. I can't believe we're almost done with high school.

Me: Almost. We have yet to pass finals.

She nodded in response. When we entered the main hall, we split up to head to our first class of the day.

The classes had went slow but it was finally time for lunch. I met back with Tisha at the entrance doors. She was texting on her phone while she waited for me.

Me: Hey.

Tisha: Hey, Ink. How was your first three tests?

Me: Good. Boring but good. I hope I aced them.

Tisha: Same. By the way, did you exempt any of yours?

Me: Obviously. History.

The human laughed.

Tisha: Bitch, if Error heard that, he would definitely cry.

Unlike the previous hours, lunch zoomed by and it was back to taking tests. As I had said I was able to relax during the last hour since I exempted my history final. Then I was able to go home.

As the senior students left classrooms, their teachers were saying their goodbyes since this was the last day for us. Several were crying and others were cheering that they can finally escape.

Tisha and I walked back to the parking lot, tired from the tests but glad that we no longer had to take them. Before I left her to find Error's car, she spoke.

Tisha: When summer starts, let's go the mall to shop for summer clothing and apply for college together.

Me: Okay.

I waved to her and left. As I walked, I thought about my senior year and what has happened in that time. I was conflicted on how I wanted to feel since it was almost bittersweet. I was finally able to go do I want but I was leaving what I had been doing for more than half of my life.

  When I found Error, I froze in my spot. He was in the parking spot that I always found him in but he was leaning against a different car. It wasn't like the three that he had. It wasn't his favorite electric car, his sports car, or even the SUV that he used for most trips.

  It was a normal car that would be used by most normal people. To be honest, Error was anything but normal.

Me: Where's your car?

  Error smiled sweetly.

Error: Right here. Well, it's not actually mine. It's yours.

  It took me a few minutes to process what he said but eventually my confused expression changed to one of shock.

Me: Wait really?

  Error nodded before showing me the keys. I ran up to him and hugged him tightly.

Me: Thank you! But... I don't know how to drive.

Error: I wasn't going to let you drive the first time since I know you don't. I want you watch how I drive first. Don't worry, Inky...

I'll teach you