Chapter 36 - Prom Night

Ink's POV

  I slid on my new suit jacket and stared at myself in the mirror. Error was right, his tailor did not disappoint. The suit fit me perfectly.

I grabbed my violet tie and walked down the hallway to the living room. Error was rolling a lint collector across his clothing to clean the fabric.

A frown shown on my face. I was sad that Error didn't want to come with me to prom but I understood why.

He felt uncomfortable with being an adult surrounded by teenagers. He predicted that the teachers would kick him out because he wasn't a person working at the school or an actual parent. However, I really wanted him to join me.

Error noticed me and smiled.

Error: You look great. Does your suit feel good?

I nodded.

Error: Good. Do you need help with your tie?

I nodded once more. This was the first time in my life that I was going to wear anything formal. Error took the violet cloth and wrapped it around my neck. He was close to me as he tied the knot. I could smell his cologne, it smelt really good.

Once Error was finished, he smiled and went to grab his keys. He looked at me.

Error: Are you ready?

Me: Yup.

We slid into the car, after saying bye to Mello. Error pulled out of the garage, beginning to drive towards the hotel that prom was being held at. There was supposedly a ballroom large enough to fit an entire group of both juniors and seniors in it.

Error and I shared small talk with each other. I tried to convince him with going but he wasn't budging with his position.

When we arrived at the massive building. I excitedly got out of the car. Error got out to give me a hug before leaving to do something on his own.

I hugged but refused to let go. I looked up at him with a begging look.

Me: Please, Error. Come with me. It'll be fun.

Error: No, Inky. My prom happened eleven years ago. This is yours to attend, not mine.

  I gave him puppy eyes and tightened my grip around him. Eventually he sighed with a defeated tone.

Error: Fine. If you're really that adamant about me going, then I'll go with you.  However, I am not dancing. I'm not a dancer in the slightest.

Me: Yay.

  I grabbed his hand and dragged him towards the hotel. I saw many teenagers dressed in their best clothing. Some had already found their lover and was walking with them into the building.

We walked into the ballroom. I was almost astonished by the amount of people that were in a single room together. I dragged Error behind me as I searched for Tisha. Eventually, I found her near the side of the room talking with her boyfriend.

She turned her attention to me when she noticed that I had actually decided to come to prom. A wide smile appeared on her face, stopping the conversation that she was holding with the boy next to her.

Tisha: You made it! I'm so happy that you're here, Ink.

Tisha said excitedly while wrapping me into a tight hug. She pushed me aside when she saw Error standing awkwardly nearby. She smiled slyly while whispering to me.

Tisha: Who do we have here? He certainly looks out of place.

Me: I had to convince him to come with me.