Chapter 19 - Breakfast

Ink's POV

The sound of thunder rang through the hotel room. I jolted awake, seeing that it was still night outside.

Raindrops hit the window and lighting could be seen outside.

I huffed as I laid back down. I always hated the fact that I couldn't sleep through rainy nights.

Looking to my right, I saw Error in the other bed. He was actually awake like me. He stared at his phone while watching videos.

Me: I noticed that you're never asleep during nights like these. Do you not like them either?

Error looked up from his screen before turning it off. He placed it on his nightstand.

Error: I actually love them. However, I was always woken up during them when I was younger. Now, it's just a habit of mine.

  There was silence as we laid in our beds. The darkness in the room was occasionally scared off by sudden flashes of light.

  I turned on my side and softly spoke.

Me: Can I join you over there.

Error: Yeah. Of course.

  He sat up and turned the lamp on. I slid out of my bed and walked over to his.

  I got under the covers and sat next to him, leaning against the pillows while staring at the ceiling. Error shifted onto his side and rested his head against his arm.

Error: Are you okay?

  I nodded, letting no words come out. Error sighed which caught my attention.

Error: Come here.

  My body was motionless but I eventually moved over to him.

  Error pulled me into a gentle hug and turned off the lamp. I returned it while releasing a somewhat anxious breath. I felt relaxed as he embraced me.

The rain slowly dwindled away. The clouds disappeared soon after. We look at the window to see that the sun was raising. It had seemed that we laid together for longer than I had believed.

I groaned at the sunlight that began to pour into the room. Error sighed, standing up from the bed. I was left laying there. The spot was warm from where Error was recently laying.

My guardian walked out wearing casual clothing.

Error: Let's go get food. And... I'm pretty sure that you're in desperate need of coffee.

I pushed myself up and immediately nodded. He smiled, waiting for me to get ready.

Once I was dressed, we walked to the elevator and headed to the lobby.

I looked around. There were many sets of tables and chairs. The wall of windows let in the light and scenery from outside of the hotel. The kitchen in the back was preparing breakfast food and there was a long table that had a few coffee machines and tea dispensers.

Error went to the kitchen to make us food while I prepared cups of coffee. We met back at a table.

When I sat down, I noticed that the chairs were incredibly comfortable. Error placed a plate in front of me, making sure that I took a bite from it.

Sips of coffee quickly energized me. The food was good enough to allow me to eat the entirety of it.

Error spoke, forcing me to look up.

Error: Plans for the day. As soon as we are done with breakfast, we will begin to pack up. Then we will get back on the road. Sounds good?

I nodded, taking a sip of hot coffee. He smiled and looked down at the table.

(Time Skip)

I folded my clothes and put them into my suitcase. After everything was gathered, I looked out the window to get one last memory of the big city.

We carried our luggages to the car and began to stack them in the trunk. Error quickly checked his phone.

Error: Ink.

Me: Yes?

  He was silent for a second.

Error: ... Nevermind.

  I looked at him, curious of what he had to say but decided not to pry on his thoughts.

  We got in the car and not long after...

We were back on the road