Chapter 39 - Home

Ink's POV

I stayed at Tisha's last night and decided to go to school with her as well. Luckily I kept a spare of clean clothing at her house for emergencies.

  Tisha rested her elbows on the desk, staring at the phone that was laid in front of her. The entire morning she had been feeling down because she broke up with Matthew, her boyfriend.

  The bell suddenly rang which signafied that lunch period started. I stood up before lightly nudging the arm of my friend. She looked at me, grabbed her backpack, and followed after me out of the classroom.

  We walked through the halls to the school's exit to get food from across the street. My mind wandered to think about Error. Rainbow blush slowly appeared on my cheeks as I thought about the conversation I had with Tisha the night before.

  She helped me realize something that was hidden deep inside my mind. From the day I was sent to live with Error, I was... falling in love with him.

  After school, I was planning on reciprocating his feelings. I secretly hoped that he didn't hate me for walking out.

  We entered our favorite smoothie café. I was the one paying that time and I ordered Tisha's favorite drink to cheer her up a little from the breakup. She thanked me, knowing that she needed it too.

  Tisha and I found our place next to the large window at the front, enjoying the sense of solitude from the other people in the café. We discussed the hottest topic amongst the students, graduation.

  This was my last year in high school and once I graduate, I would then officially be an adult. I would have to start finding colleges to apply for as well as think about getting a better job. I was an online artist that made artwork for people that paid me. The job made me decent money while I was still getting my education.

  I looked at Tisha, becoming curious as to what she wanted to do after we graduated.

Me: Where are you planning on going after all of this?

Tisha: I don't know. I have been thinking about applying for a hairdressing job. I love working with hair of all kinds.

  She said with a smile while mixing her drink with the straw. As we ate, I thought about Error which caused my imagination to begin to create scenes in my head. I shook my head when I imagined myself french kissing him. Ever since last night, I've been thinking about Error a lot.

  Tisha noticed that my face was completely covered with rainbow blush but she said nothing about it. She knew I would just shut down because I would be too embarrassed to talk about it.

(Time Skip)

  My leg bounced anxiously as I stared at the clock on the wall. School was almost over and I was growing nervous.

Time seemed to go by slow as my history teacher continued to talk about past events. It was hard for me to stay interested in the topic as I wanted class to be over already.

A loud chime began to ring throughout the school. Students stood up from their chairs and packed their belongings before leaving the room.

I hurried out of the school building and quickly headed to the parking lot. I noticed that Error wasn't parked out there, he wasn't waiting for me. I somewhat hoped he was but I had already planned on Tisha bringing me home.

The car ride dragged on. I grew more antsy the closer home came into view.

When Tisha parked in front of the house that Error lived in, I paused for a second but eventually got out of the car. Tisha smiled to me as I headed to the front door.

I took a breath and then knocked on it, knowing that it would be weird if I just walked in after last night's occurrence.

Movement could be heard from the other side. Then the door opened to show Error. His eyes widened, not expecting me to be standing in front of him.

Error: Ink. You're back.

I didn't give him a chance to say another word. I cupped Error's cheeks and...

Kissed him