Chapter 47 - Graduation

Ink's POV

  The alarm of my phone began to ring, waking me up abruptly from my sleep. I pushed myself up from the bed and looked around. The room was somewhat lit from the morning light through the windows. The comforters was too comfy which gave me a heavy feeling and I didn't want to get out.

  Despite my wanting to stay in bed, I stood up and stretched. I looked around the bedroom. Error's desk had a small stack of papers and sketchbooks. I walked over to the table and opened one of the books.

  Every single page was a watercolor painting of the exterior of a house. This seemed to be one the he used for work. I was surprised by how good of an artist Error was, especially with watercolor.

  I closed the book and stepped away from the desk. I needed to get dressed and ready to leave the house in three hours as today was the most important day of my now finished high school journey, graduation.

  Mello sat up straight and stared at me from her corner of the bed. I smiled as I picked her up. The cat accepted the hold and began purring. As I held her in my arms, I left the bedroom for the kitchen.

  After a few seconds, I entered the kitchen and I could instantly smell that food was cooking. I saw Error leaning against the island counter, drinking coffee and watching the news that was playing on the living room TV.

Me: Good morning, Error.

  I said, bringing his attention from the TV to me. A smile appeared on his smile as he returned the greeting.

Error: How did you sleep?

Me: I slept great. Your bed is far more comfortable than mine.

Error: That's good. Can't having you falling asleep during your graduation.

  I giggled as I set Mello gently on the floor. She walked off so she could scratch her claws against her cat tree.

  Once breakfast was done cooking, Error and I sat down together and ate before we had to get dressed into nice clothing for the school event. Dressing nicely wasn't a problem for Error since he wore a suit almost every hour of the day.

  After three hours had passed, we drove to the basketball stadium where the graduation ceremony was being held. I was wearing the suit that I had worn for prom and folded on my lap was my cap and gown.

  Once we arrived, I could see hundreds of people entering the building. Most of them were family members and friends of students that were graduating. When the car parked, fear grew within me. I was afraid that I would embarrass myself in front of everyone because I would perhaps forget how to walk up to the stage to receive my diploma.

  That fear boiled further as we walked up to the building's entrance. I thought of every circumstance where I could possibly mess up during this event. The conclusion was that there were several different ways I could embarrass myself.

  A hand on my shoulder brought me from my thoughts, it felt like Error's. Looking towards him I saw that he was giving me a comforting expression.

Error: There is nothing you have to worry about. You know I hate seeing you unhappy, Inky.

  He said in a caring voice as he gently gripped my shoulder to reassure me.

Me: I'm sorry.

  I apologized before looking away, changing my original expression of discomfort to one of calm.

(Time Skip)

  The ceremony was over and we were allowed to leave. I left the stadium and began my search to find Error standing within the sea of people. I looked at my phone as he was texting me his location.

  With some difficulty, I was able to find Error. He was standing in an empty area next to a tree. However he wasn't exactly alone since I noticed a tall and muscular werewolf with dark green fur. It seemed that Damien had come to see me graduate.

  I rushed over to them and waved.

Me: Hi Damien.

Damien: Sup Jailbait. Are you glad that you're finally done?

Me: Yeah. I can now pursue my goals.

  He nodded before stepping back to allow Error and I to have a moment alone together. Error pulled me into a tight hug.

Error: I'm so proud of you, Inky. Your parents would be proud of you too.

  My parents suddenly flashed through my mind. However it wasn't of the car crash but it was moments of when they were alive. I smiled to myself as I hugged Error.

  He pulled away but still held my hands. I could see tears forming at the corners of his eyes.

Error: It has been a blessing to see how much you have grown from the wonderful child that you were to the amazing young adult that you are now. I still remember the day when I first met you in the park when you were three, full of curiosity and creativity. I am so grateful that I am a part of your life. I can't wait to see what goals you set for yourself and what you want to do in life. Always be assured as I am here for you every step of the way.

  I wiped my finger against my cheek.

Me: Stop, you're going to make me cry.

Error: Deal with it. I'm already crying.

  He looked down and tightened his gentle hold of my hands. He then looked around us before asking me something.

Error: Can I?

  He asked as he motioned to his lips. I nodded, giving him permission to give me a quick kiss on the lips.

Me: I love you, Error.

Error: ...

I love you too Inky