Chapter 52 - The Text - (Short)

Error's POV

  I stared out the window of my office as I talked with one of my clients. I had to inform them that their project would have to be pushed since the construction company I worked with found some pretty bad conditions within the building. Let's just say that they had some choice words for me. It wasn't the first time where their project was pushed back because of something that was legally required to be fixed.

  They furiously hung on me, leaving me in abrupt silence. I sighed as I tossed my phone onto my desk chair and continued to stare out the window.

'It's a nice day to go outside and walk. Perhaps I will ask Ink to go with me when I get home from work.'

  I thought to myself before moving my phone and sitting back down again to begin work on the computer. There were several projects that the company had and I knew which teams were at sites and which ones were in the process of creating a design for a client.

  When someone came to me with a project, I took the time to pick teams that were best in that field so they would feel the most comfortable with what they worked with.

  There was knocking on the door which took my attention from the email that I was writing. The door soon opened to reveal Damien. The green werewolf ducked under the doorframe as he entered the room. Despite myself being a tall person already, the wolf towered over me.

  I could see in his hands two styrofoam boxes and I noticed the logo that was printed on it. It was most likely sandwiches from our favorite cafe just around the block.

Damien: It's lunch break for us. I got you a turkey sandwich with swiss cheese, lettuce, and tomato.

  I thanked him as he set the box on the desk and pulled the chair that was across from me to the side. I looked to the door and expected someone else to enter as well.

Me: Where's Ink?

Damien: I sent him home since there wasn't much he could do on the first day. I showed him our portfolios and that was it. Don't worry, I ordered him an Uber back so he should be safe.

  The wolf took a big bite from his sandwich before scrolling through social media on his phone. I did the same so this led to the both of us sitting quietly as we ate lunch. This was totally normal as Damien and I talked so much that we often didn't have anything to talk about.

  However that would soon change when my friend received a notification. The toothy grin that Damien constantly had disappeared which was an instant cause for concern.

Me: What's wrong?

  I had gotten no response. The wolf only stared at his screen, refusing to say anything, but I did notice a single tear form in the corner of his eye. He glanced at me and I knew what had caused this sudden sadness.

Damien: Belladonna... she...

Wants a divorce