Chapter 40 - Love

Error's POV

  My eyes widened when Ink kissed me. I almost couldn't believe it as I froze in my place in the front doorframe. I couldn't relax as I was too surprised, blush completely covering my cheeks.

  Ink pulled away before hugging me and leaning his head against my chest. I kept my hands to my sides as I didn't want to make him uncomfortable, even if we were kissing.

Ink: I'm in love with you too, Error.

  A smile appeared on my face. However it disappeared when I looked up. Ink's friend was looking at us from her car window, slyly grinning. I blushed and turned my face away from her.

Me: Your friend is watching us.

  I whispered. He moved his attention to her and waved at her. The girl waved before driving off, leaving Ink and I alone together.

  Ink asked while moving away from my body.

Ink: Are... we a thing now?

Me: That is your decision to make. If you want to be, then I will let you know that you must be making the first move for mostly everything romance related.

Ink: Why?

  He asked, giving me a curious expression.

Me: Because you are ten years younger than I am. I am almost thirty and you just became an adult. I would be too uncomfortable if I was the one making the moves. I will accept any kind of romance but you have to be the one to start it.

  He nodded to tell me that he understood my request. I hated feeling like I was forcing Ink to something he didn't want. I silently vowed to myself.

'I will never touch Ink unless he wants me to. I will never kiss him without his consent. I will never flirt with him unless he allows me to. I will never let anything become too heated to prevent possibly ruining Ink's adulthood.'

Ink leaned up and kissed me again. I felt myself become jittery but I managed to control myself. I still needed to remember to keep my hands at my sides.

When he pulled away to breathe, I rested my forehead against his.

Me: I've waited for this moment for so long.

Ink: How long?

Me: Promise you won't get weirded out?

He nodded and waited for my answer patiently.

Me: ... Twelve years.

I said, looking away from him as I was ashamed of myself. Ink raised an eyebrow slightly.

Ink: It is a little weird.

Me: You said you wouldn't.

I responded while giving him a pouting expression.

(Time Skip)

My bedroom was silent with just Mello and I. The silence was calming which allowed me to gather and straighten my thoughts out. The small ac that was standing in the corner kept my bedroom cool and the ceiling fan was slowly turning.

I sipped from a glass of wine while reading one of my favorite stories. I was in a good enough mood to return to it and relive the tale that I loved so much when I was in college. Despite the book being many years old, it was still in great condition with only a few creases on the spine.

Mello was laying on her back, her tail swishing back and forth. I rubbed my hand along her soft grey belly fur and she immediately began purring.

The door of my bedroom suddenly opened and I soon saw Ink standing at the doorframe. He was dressed in pajamas and he was holding his sketchbook and phone in his arm. Light rainbow blush was coloring his cheeks as he approached my bed.

Ink: May I join you?

I nodded before returning to my book. Ink placed his things on the opposite nightstand before climbing on. He moved towards me, cuddling into my chest. I took this as permission to wrap my arm around his shoulder. Once he was settled, I went back to reading. Ink occasionally looked away from his phone and read the pages with me silently.

My eyes didn't leave the pages as we laid in my bed. I was happy that I finally found love but a part of me wanted to show Ink how much I loved him. However I needed to create boundaries for myself so I wouldn't make him uncomfortable around me.

Tonight was the first night that we would spend together knowing...

We were in love