Chapter 32 - Goodnight

Ink's POV

  I sat on my bed while petting Mello, who was sleeping on my lap. It was thundering outside which kept me from falling asleep.

  I was home alone as Error said he was stuck at work due to an extremely long meeting. Without someone else in the house with me, I somewhat felt unsafe.

Thunder could be heard outside, causing me to jolt. Mello looked up at me with a tired expression. I apologized to her before continuing to pet her.

'Why does it rain so much?'

Suddenly, there was a knock on my bedroom.

Me: Who is it?

I heard the voice on the other side and I knew it was Error.

Error: Are you being serious?

  I laughed before granting him permission to enter my bedroom. He opened the door and walked towards my bed. I noticed he was holding a wine glass and a cup of water. He offered me the water which I excepted.

Error: Who else lives in this house but me?

Me: Mello.

  Error gave me an unamused expression and in return, I gave him a childish smile. He rolled his eyes while taking a sip from his wine.

Me: How was work? You seem kinda irritated.

Error: Fucking boring. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I dozed off a few times. Luckily Damien was there to wake me up. I'm super tired right now. Once this wine is finished, I'm going to bed.

  I thought about something and immediately blushed rainbow.

Me: Um... Error.

Error: Yes Inky?

Me: Can I... um... sleep... in your bedroom tonight?

  I thought that if I slept in there, I could get some sleep. He was able to calm down on nights like these.

Error: Sure.

  He stands up from the bed and I joined him. I was led to his bedroom.

The room had a lot of grey tones and a modern yet Asian design. There was a wall of bookshelves with a gigantic hole made for a big television. His bed, facing the TV, was king sized and covered with thick comforters. His air conditioner must have been amazing as this room was cold.

Across from the door was the desk that he worked and read at. I noticed that the wine glasses I got for him on Christmas was neatly displayed and cleaned spotless.

Error: There's an Alexa in the corner of the room so you can just tell her to turn off the master bedroom lights. I have a rack of spare blankets over there and I can bring you extra pillows if you're not okay with my current one.

He said before beginning to walk out.

Me: Where are you going?

Error: Going to sleep on the couch.

Me: I was actually asking if... I can... sleep with you.

Error stopped in the middle of the doorframe and became silent.

Error: Let me... change out of my suit.

He softly spoke before grabbing a pair of pajamas and leaving the room.

I sat on the end of his bed, waiting for him. Mello sashayed in and climbed up, finding herself a spot on the corner.

Eventually Error walked back in wearing a pair of the comfiest pants I have ever seen and a shirt that wasn't exactly made for sleeping. He noticed me staring at his fashion choice for the night.

Error: Normally I sleep without a shirt but you're in here.

Him saying that made me imagine him with a bare torso. I tried to hide my face that was soon engulfed in rainbow.

Error slid under the covers and I joined him. He faced away from me and laid as far as he could without falling off the bed. I laid on my temporary side and stared at the ceiling.

It was still thundering outside and I still couldn't go to sleep. I looked at Error, thinking if he was asleep or not.

I crawled to his side and cuddled against his back, instantly feeling more relaxed. He jolted, telling me that I accidentally woke him up.

Me: Sorry.

I whispered.

Error: It's okay.

He responded in a quieter tone. He shifted slightly so I was more comfortable while I snuggled into him.

Error: ...

Goodnight Inky