Chapter 43 - Thoughts for College

Error's POV

  I knelt over the island and placed my head on the cool marble. It felt like there was several needles being pressed into my head. Of course it wasn't the worse hangover that I've experienced but it was still painful. However this damn sickness didn't make it any easier.

  Pushing myself from the island, I moved to the coffee machine. I hoped a caffeinated drink would help me sober up faster. I pressed espresso and allowed the machine to make a shot of it. I also took a few pain relief pills so my hangover would be less painful.

  As I waited, I heard a raspy meow. Looking at the island I saw Mello. The grey tabby was sitting elegantly and staring at me with her beautiful emerald eyes. I smiled despite being in a lot of discomfort.

Me: You're not supposed to be on the island, missy.

  I said before kissing the top of her head. She meowed again and I soon realized what she wanted.

Me: Oh I know. You want dad to give you food. Hold on.

  I had a cabinet that was solely for Mello. She exclusively ate luxury food which only made her nickname "princess" more accurate for her. I knew that I had spoiled her ever since she was a little kitten.

  As I sipped my espresso and stared at nothing in particular, I thought about what I should make for breakfast before Ink woke up. This was about the one thing that I looked forward to because I had nothing else since I was still sick.

  Not long after, I saw Ink come from the hallway. He smiled at me and went up to hug me. I returned it and decided it was the right time to begin cooking breakfast.

Ink: How are you feeling?

Me: Uncomfortable might be the best word. It could've been worse.

  As I put together food, I thought about last night. It was embarrassing knowing that Ink saw that side of me, always crying about everything. Because of how annoying I could be, I normally drank alone or only with Damien. Drinking yesterday was a reckless decision on my part.

Me: Hey Inky. I'm sorry that... you had to see me like that.

Ink: It's okay.

Me: No it's not. I shouldn't drink or be drunk around you. We may be in a relationship but we are still in different age groups. I want to completely remove any chances that I might accidentally take advantage of you. Being drunk can cause problems with judgment and control.

  I said without looking at him. My espresso was starting to kick in and I could less pain from the pills.

  The kitchen was silent except for the sounds of the skillet on the stove. It was beginning to be deafening instead of calm. Perhaps I should have ended the conversation a little better.

Me: So I remember that you mentioned something about colleges yesterday?

Ink: I did. Tisha and I were looking for which one we wanted to apply for. I want go to the university within town.

Me: That's a good choice. The university that we have here is one of the best in the country and I recommend it. Do you know what you want to major in?

  Ink took a second to think as I plated breakfast and moved to the island. I sat down on a stool and waited for him to finish his thought.

Ink: I know that I want to major in something that involves art but... I'm not sure on what exactly. I know a lot of art techniques. I can draw, paint, sculpt, and whole lot of other stuff.

  I thought with him for a few minutes. For some reason the only thing that I could think of was what I do for a living. I take existing homes and fix them up. I put in new furniture, decorations, and art pieces which creates a cohesive  theme throughout the home.

  Most of the time the themes are in relations to the cultures of my clients, that's why I know a lot of history. It made me happy seeing my clients happy with their fixed up home that matches their vision.

  However there was one thing that my company didn't have. I did not have a building team. Normally my company buys pieces from existing stores but I wanted to expand more after getting the new building in the city. Of course it would be more money but I think that it would allow more creative flow when designing which would increase the value.

  A small wave in front of me broke me from my thoughts. I noticed that Ink was trying to get my attention.

Ink: What are you thinking about?

Me: I was thinking about the company. I may be sick but I can't really stop thinking about it.

  Ink giggled slightly.

Ink: Workaholic.

Me: You know what, when you are at school, look up interior design and architecture. It might be something that you could be interested in. I can also give you an intership at the company and don't worry, you will be paid for it.

Ink: Thank you Error.

  He said happily before finishing the rest of breakfast.

  We sat together at the island with our finished plates and exchanged small conversations. It was only a matter of time before Ink's friend showed up to pick him up for school. After a few thoughts, I came to the idea that I need to...

Get Ink a car