Chapter 35 - Clothes Shopping

Ink's POV

I adjusted the straps of my backpack as I stood up from my desk. Tisha stretched her legs and followed after me. She lightly bumped herself into my arm to get my attention.

Tisha: Have you decided on going to prom, Ink? It's in a few days. I don't want to go without you. My boyfriend invited me but sometimes he can be boring even during parties.

I thought to myself. I wanted to go however I had nothing nice to wear.

Me: Maybe. I'll have to ask Error if he can take me to the clothing store for a suit.

Tisha: Okay. If you decide to or not, I'll understand. But I will appreciate it if you go with me.

She smiled at me before breaking off to go to her last class of the day. I went to history, already wanting class to be over.

I slid in my desk and drew in my sketchbook while waiting for the hour to start. I thought to myself while gliding the pencil along the page.

'Ever since Error has been helping me with history, my grades in this class have gotten extremely better. I guess it payed off that he always read history textbooks in his spare time. Heck, it's apart of his job.'

The teacher began to speak which interrupted my drawing session. He instructed his students to take out their books and flip to pages discussing the topic of the Zodiac Killer. Our teacher liked to have debates and discussions of mysteries that had never been solved.

When I flipped open the pages, I saw a lot of writing on every single one of them. I noticed that it was Error's handwriting. He went through the entire book and wrote notes for me to study with.

A smile appeared on my face.

Me: Such a nerd.

I whispered to myself.

Teacher: What was that, Ink?

Me: Nothing sir. I'm just talking to myself.

I reassured him before reading the rest of the notes on the pages. Some of them were funny while others were very informative and helpful. I would have never thought of the ideas that he had.

Before I knew it, class was over and the bell rang to dismiss everyone. I looked at my phone to check the time to make sure that I wasn't imagining it.

  I slid my textbook into my backpack and hastily made my way out of the school building. Finding Error's car, I threw my stuff in the backseat before joining him at the front.

Error: Hey Inky. How was school?

He greeted me without looking away from his phone. He seemed to be texting someone, presumably Damien.

Me: It was okay. I found the notes you left for me.

Error: That's great. Hopefully you found them informative, I wasn't quite sure on a few of them.

Me: All of them were helpful. How long did it take you to write them?

Error thought for a few minutes as he started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

Error: Roughly six or seven hours per day. I stayed up late for four nights as I had to read your book and then refer back to some of my old notes from high school and college.

He took a breath between sentences.

Error: A few topics in the textbook were a bit difficult since neither of my schools assigned me them so I didn't have notes made beforehand.

I smiled at the fact that he went through my entire history curriculum and spent the time to give me notes to help study. Although that smile disappeared when he gave me a very serious expression.

Error: Do not use them for cheating. Those notes are there to just help. Do you understand?

I replied sarcastically.

Me: I understand, daddy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Error's POV

  Once I had processed what he said, my face completely flared up with blush. I knew he was unaware of how I reacted and I intended to keep it that way.

  My mind became conflicted with that word. I felt uncomfortable with him calling me that as I was practically old to be his dad but... the other side felt something different.

  I shook my head to stop my thoughts before they went into a rabbit hole that should never be entered. Luckily, Ink starting a new conversation helped with that.

Ink: Can we go to the clothing store? I decided that I wanted to go but I don't have anything formal to wear.

  I nodded, not speaking a single word out of fear of accidentally stuttering too much. I set the gps in my car to the location of a shop that I went to sometimes for my suit accessories.

  After a few minutes, I pulled the car into a parking lot. I turned the vehicle off and opened the door. Ink followed after me, looking around at the surroundings.

(Time Skip)

  Ink stood still while I held two different suits in front of him. He couldn't make a decision on what he wanted which I could relate to.

  When I shopped for formal attire, I never liked the color or the fit around certain parts of my body. In the end, I resorted to getting all of my suits custom tailored for me. That was one the best decisions I have made in my life.

Ink: I'm not really liking any of these.

Me: That's fine.

  I said, sliding the suits back on the rack. Ink sighed.

Ink: Am I just being difficult?

Me: No, you're not. I'm actually the same way. I'm very particular about what I wear. So don't think that you're being difficult.

  I motioned him to follow me as I walked to another part of the store with neck ties. He joined my side reluctantly.

Me: I can call my tailor and ask her to make one for you. She will just need your measurements and the colors you want. Take my word, she will not disappoint with her work.

  Ink suddenly hugged me.

Ink: Thank you, Error. I don't know what I'll do without you.

  He looked at up me with a curious look.

Ink: Do you want...

To go to prom with me?