Chapter 55 - Friends Sleepover

Word Count: 1397
This is a longer chapter so be prepared to read longer than normal.

Ink's POV

  Tisha sprawled out on my bed, staring up at the ceiling, while I laid several blankets on the floor to make a bed. Since she was over I allowed her to have my bed while I took the floor.

Tisha: You know, you don't have to sleep on the floor. You can just sleep in the master bedroom like you have been doing.

Me: I... didn't think about that. However I still want to sleep in here with you.

Tisha: Aw you're sweet.

  Once I had constructed my make-shift bed, I picked myself up from the floor and joined my bestie on the mattress. Tisha rolled over onto her stomach and moved her legs back and forth slowly.

Tisha: So you want to start doing hair?

Me: I hate to inform you but it's not exactly in my genetics to have hair.

Tisha: Not you, silly.

  I let out a soft giggle and got up with her. Tisha grabbed a small bag and followed me to the guest bathroom just down the hall. She sat in the chair, that I had placed there earlier, and zipped open the bag to take out some products and tools that she used for her dark curly hair.

  I released a groan, knowing that she was going to have me do a lengthy process.

Me: This could take hours. You sure you don't want to do an afro?

  I joked and Tisha gave me an unamused yet amused expression. She nodded which told me that she wanted to do the hairstyle we planned.

  The first step was to straighten her hair in preparation for braiding it. During the process we gossiped about people at work and complained about the bullshit. I had less to talk about in that topic since the people at Error's company were pretty friendly.

  With her instructions, I properly prepped her hair and then split the strands into separate pieces.

Me: So how tight do you want these braids?

Tisha: I would say... probably as tight as my sister's budget.

Me: That's pretty tight, you sure? You might get a headache.

  My brow furrowed as I looked at her through the reflection of the mirror.

Tisha: Absolutely.

Me: Alright.

  I began taking the separate strands and carefully intertwining them, slowly creating multiple small braids. This was going to take hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Error's POV

  I opened the garage door and pulled my car in through the driveway. After turning it off I rushed into the house so I start winding down from a long day of work. I loosened my necktie and placed my backpack on the kitchen island before walking down the hallway towards my room.

  As I walked, I passed the guest bathroom and heard laughing. I stopped in my tracks and turned towards the door. I gently knocked on the door with the knuckle of my index finger before slowly pushing it open. I saw Ink and Tisha at the sink while doing her hair.

Me: Hey you two. Good day?

  They both nodded before quick firing several sentences that contained what they had done earlier. They were beginning to fuse into one long sentence but I tried to focus intently on each one. I smiled by how happy they were and let them continue.